Changing to look of v3 completely!

Guest ian-d

Guest ian-d

Hi all, newbie here so please go easy on me!

I run a successful online business using a different cart, but am starting up another business and would like to attempt the setup of a new cart to gain experience, plus the one i current use has problems!

As with my other business, i'd like to dramatically change the look and feel of the site, but use cubecart as the backbone for all pages.

I've read this guide (i do make an effort to search for help!) https://www.cubecart.com/site/helpdesk/inde...d=2&nav=0,2 but whilst it suggests that all xhtml and css files can be changed with a WYSIWYG editor, i cannot find any xhtml pages to change in any of the skin folders. Am i missing the point some how? I thought the xhtml would be available as this is what holds the site structure togeather.

I'd also like to be able to change font types and sizes to suit my business standards, i guess these options are available in the css files?

I look forward to receiving some replies.

Cheers,

Ian

Guest systekuk

Hi all, newbie here so please go easy on me!

I run a successful online business using a different cart, but am starting up another business and would like to attempt the setup of a new cart to gain experience, plus the one i current use has problems!

As with my other business, i'd like to dramatically change the look and feel of the site, but use cubecart as the backbone for all pages.

I've read this guide (i do make an effort to search for help!) https://www.cubecart.com/site/helpdesk/inde...d=2&nav=0,2 but whilst it suggests that all xhtml and css files can be changed with a WYSIWYG editor, i cannot find any xhtml pages to change in any of the skin folders. Am i missing the point some how? I thought the xhtml would be available as this is what holds the site structure togeather.

I'd also like to be able to change font types and sizes to suit my business standards, i guess these options are available in the css files?

I look forward to receiving some replies.

Cheers,

Ian

Hi there :)

i too am new to e-commerce software altogether, ive made numerous websites using Dreamweaver using both code & WYSIWYG. With cubart (afaik) its mostly code theres 1 or 2 pages than can be altered using a wysiwyg editor, but 99% of the changes will be hard code. In saying this ive found it pretty simple to modify as most of the changes you make (to change the look) is done on mostly on the the same pages of code.. 1 for style & 1 for layout etc. Also theres alot of info here: http://www.cubecart.com/site/forums/index....showtopic=12497

anywayz g/luck ..its worth it in the end as cubart is a very good e-commerce program :)

Guest ian-d

Hi guys, thanks for the prompt reply. It sounds like i'll have to get my coding head on again. So you just need to edit those two css files in dreamweaver? How did you test to see what the alterations have done, as you cannot view they files in IE as a site (if you know what i mean!).

On my current business site i've just used my own layout etc, and added the relevant bits of code in certain boxes where appropriate, i.e. view cart options etc. Is there a list of the most important code you can custom add into specific sections of a layout?

Cheers,

Ian