e-commerce sites

Guest intergemsuk

Guest intergemsuk

Hi im writing a document on e-commerce and cubecart.

Would like to know if anyone could point me in the direction of some reviews of different e-commerce sites ie successfull and un successfull. I would like to us them as casestudies and explain how cubecart suits the e-commerce market for small business websites.

Any advice would be appriciated ;-)

cheers, ben.

As I understand things, it seems to me that the only way to know if a site is successful or not is to know the financial numbers (i.e. - how many sales, the average return on advertising investment, the average profit per visitor, and other such numbers), which are only available to the site owners.

Do you have any criteria regarding what you consider to be a 'successful' site? A site that makes a profit, no matter how small? A site that brings in $10,000 per month? Somewhere in between? A site that converts more than 2% of visitors to buyers? A site that brings in over 50 cents per visitor?

What are your criteria for determining whether a site is successful or not?

And, what time frame are you looking at for this project?

If my site meets your criteria, I might be willing to work with you as a case study, but not this month as I have another project I'm working on that needs to be finished quickly.