TROUBLE! Lost Customer Database When Upgrading

I just put together my first CubeCart site for a client. Everything was going well for around a month and all of a sudden the admin side started looking funny. There were no images and options started disappearing. I upgraded the cubecart with files from the cubecart site itself and now the admin is back to looking normal . . . but it deleted all of my products and customers. I can add the products again . . i was just wondering if there is anywhere i can look to get those customers back. I backed up everything on my computer before i updated it so i have all the original files, but i do not know where to begin. Please Help.

Brad

Sorry I can't help you resolve the problem, but I please hear the comment that follows as sincere support of another kind that is no less valuable.

This sounds like a good time to buy into registration of your copy of CC in order to secure Tech Support.

While I respect that clients of my hosting business may choose to install CC using the Fantastico service I provide or install it directly after downloading it from the CC site, I will not customize or even install a copy of CC myself unless the client pays CC for registration and tech support.

That policy has benefited clients and me on significant occasions.

I just put together my first CubeCart site for a client. Everything was going well for around a month and all of a sudden the admin side started looking funny. There were no images and options started disappearing. I upgraded the cubecart with files from the cubecart site itself and now the admin is back to looking normal . . . but it deleted all of my products and customers. I can add the products again . . i was just wondering if there is anywhere i can look to get those customers back. I backed up everything on my computer before i updated it so i have all the original files, but i do not know where to begin. Please Help.

Brad

Did you backup the sql database as well as the files? The data you lost is stored in the my sql database so you need to restore from a backup of it in order to get the data back.

If you didn't back it up, you might try checking with your hosting company to see if they can get you the last automatic backup of the database. Will probably be a bit out of date, but at least you should have most of the info again.