One SSL Certificate, Two Stores...is it possible?

Terry V

I already have a store up and running with cubecart and am to the point where there really aren't any bugs. Now, I want to branch out with my business and offer products for another platform. To do this I setup another directory on the main site so now I have 2 store installs...one in /store and another one in, lets say, /anotherstore.

The store in the /anotherstore directory appears to operate fine. However when enabling SSL and checking out it directs me to the /store cart which causes some issues. From what I understand the SSL should cover any directory above the domain so I don't think it's an issue with the SSL but instead the configuration.

So basically if this is possible what should the SSL settings be?

Terry

Well, assuming you have two completely autonomous installs of CubeCart on your domain with two different databases (or different prefixes) then it should work just fine. You definitely have an issue in your config if it's not working.

Your SSL settings should match whichever store you're dealing with. If one is www.domain.com/store1 and the other is www.domain.com/store2 then your paths should be /store1 & /store2 respectively. Also your full path should reflect the difference such as /home/user/public_html/store1 & /home/user/public_html/store2.

That make sense?

:(

Makes perfect sense and that's how I have it setup (I think, it's been a while since I messed with it). Basically I should be able to mirror my SSL settings for /store1 and just replace anything that says /store1 with /store2, right?

I'll have to check them tonight when I get home from work and go from there. Any other ideas on why it wouldn't work...I do have 2 seperate installs...with seperate database.

Terry