Curious- anyone using CC for only one product?

Guest dudestore

Guest dudestore

I'm wondering if there anybody using CubeCart store selling only one product?

*I'm considering to use CubeCart to sell one product and turn (change cc design) the store into a regular website. So instead of seeing the store, it would be much like regular website pages.

Cannot see any reason why anyone would. Just one product is easy to set up on mals-e.com or paypal buy buttons. Cubecart's strength is that it is a database driven cart with unlimited categories and products. If you are sellng just one product, any mysql type cart is really overkill.

The problem is I like CC multiple payment gateways, so I save lots of money for a single-product shop that cost ($200+). The product is digital (download-able) item. There are many features in CC I don't need so I can just remove them.

I'm still considering it and believe it is possible (clearly in my mind) to do this.

It certainly is possible to do that, and it would give you the option to add other products in the future without having to rehaul the whole site. And as you mention, the ability to use multiple payment gateways is a good reason to move ahead with your idea.

The main advantages are the multiple payment gateways and the digital download protection. Being able to add pages using the WYSIWYG editor is pretty cool too.

At the moment, I'm using CC to handle all of my sites. This includes some 1-product sites that jumpt to my CC site to process payments and complete the order. Sales have dropped a bit from those sites, but the convenience of having everything is one place is worth the small drop.

Guest Brivtech

I don't see any harm doing it!

If you like using CubeCart, and are happy with how it works, then do it!

Sure, it probably may be overkill, but on the other hand, you have templating that can form the structure of your web site, and peace of mind, knowing the system is secure.