Flat shipping cost by customer location?

Laico

Hello. I'm currently evaluating CubeCart versus CS-Cart. I installed CubeCart, created some sample products, and searched the forums, but am unable to find the answer to the following question:

Is there a straightforward way to set fixed shipping costs based upon the customer's location? For example, $25 for anyone in the US, and $50 for everyone else.

Guest chantesse

Yes there is a very nice off the shelf mod by A Winter that does exactly that, I use it to get a flat rate price for zones within the UK and also various countries abroad.

That sounds promising, but where is it located? Over at http://www.cubecart.org/, I searched for "A Winter" and "shipping", and found only two possible candidates:

"All In One" Shipping Module

http://cubecart.expandingbrain.com/cubecar...le/prod_49.html

Ship by Subtotal/Flat rate/Free in Zone or Zone independent

http://cc3.biz/cubecart-free-mods/shipping...t/prod_101.html

Is it one of those two? If not, do you have a link to it?

Guest vp-ftv

it would be the second mod you posted, you can setup zones in it, e.g. us (zone 1) and rest of world (zone 2) and specifiy shipping cost for each.

Guest KanineBakery

Is there a module for shipping costs within the different zones just in the US? Shipping to California and Shipping to Michigan is a huge difference in cost for me. I tried setting up the USPS shipping module within CubeCart and I keep getting errors.

What I am looking for is a flat rate per cost of order and within shipping zones in the US for USPS postal service.

My other question would be how to you insert a module into the coding? And, how do you even get into the coding? I am not familiar at all with this type of coding. I was using Microsoft Frontpage to do my website before Cubecart and I have no idea how you edit all the pages. There are so many different things I wish I could do to my site, but I don't know how.

Thanks!

www.kaninebakery.com

Guest chantesse

The mod I use (based in the UK) is the Shipping by Postal Codes which handles U.S. Zip codes just as well. I use it for flat rate postage price once the destination is known but it also offers by weight options. It also prevents people in the wrong countries/zones from ordering.

http://www.daimonsoft.com/store/index.php?...amp;productId=4

It is a bolt-on mod to Cubecart. to install it is very simple (mostly self-installing), assuming you have basic IT knowledge and can use FTP to your store. To set up the postal rates correctly requires a bit more head-scratching but it is logical and allows great flexibility if needed. Actually the US Zip codes seemed to be set up already when I installed it. It's about USD 15.

Guest KanineBakery

The mod I use (based in the UK) is the Shipping by Postal Codes which handles U.S. Zip codes just as well. It assumes you want a flat rate postage price once the destination is known. It also prevents people in the wrong countries/zones from ordering.

http://www.daimonsoft.com/store/index.php?...amp;productId=4

It is a bolt-on mod to Cubecart. to install it is very simple (mostly self-installing), assuming you have basic IT knowledge and can use FTP to your store. To set up the postal rates correctly requires a bit more head-scratching but it is logical and allows great flexibility if needed. Actually the US Zip codes seemed to be set up already when I installed it. It's about USD 15.

Unfortunetly I don't have basic IT knowledge at all. That sounds like what I need. Are their people that I can hire to set it up for me, or a complete STEP BY STEP guide? I'm used to using Frontpage which is HTML, so I'm sure that doesn't help at all. Surpringly I have my website with cubecart all set up and customized just by going into the layout.css file and editing the size and image. I don't know how to set up anything else unless it was step by step. Right now I have CubeCart set up for shipping by percentage, which is great if their order is $30 or less, but if their order is higher the shipping rate is just ridiculously high. I'm sure that would be turning some customers off from ordering more from my store.

I just saw that you can purchase installation for $15...so for $30 I could have that set up correctly. That sounds like a bargain. Thanks. I'll look into that.

Guest chantesse

I should have mentioned that the mod also does by weight shipping (but I use flat rate). Have edited my original post.