CubeCart 3.0.16 Upgrade

Guest Craftisan

Guest Craftisan

I've just unzipped the files for the new upgrade however the README.TXT file makes reference to...

b. Make sure you have installed a MySQL Database which has a user assigned to it

DO NOT USE YOUR ROOT USERNAME AND ROOT PASSWORD

When I originally installed CubeCart a couple weeks ago I do not recall doing this step. So I guess my question is... was it done for me automatically when I first installed. Should I have done this? I've heard the term MySQL Database but not sure the purpose of it. Is this the part of my General Settings called Directories/Folders?

I've been setting up my store the last week and haven't encountered any problems yet. I've even done a test order with no problems.

Sorry I'm a bit confused about this part. Any help is appreciated :dizzy: I hesitate to complete the upgrade until I know that I won't mess it up.

Thanks!

Kim

If you did your own installation, you definitely did create a MySQL Db, and it follows logically that you did assign a user name and password to it. Logical because otherwise CC would not work.

Question - how did CC get installed? Did you upload the files yourself, or did use Fantastico?

I've just unzipped the files for the new upgrade however the README.TXT file makes reference to...

b. Make sure you have installed a MySQL Database which has a user assigned to it

DO NOT USE YOUR ROOT USERNAME AND ROOT PASSWORD

When I originally installed CubeCart a couple weeks ago I do not recall doing this step. So I guess my question is... was it done for me automatically when I first installed. Should I have done this? I've heard the term MySQL Database but not sure the purpose of it. Is this the part of my General Settings called Directories/Folders?

I've been setting up my store the last week and haven't encountered any problems yet. I've even done a test order with no problems.

Sorry I'm a bit confused about this part. Any help is appreciated :dizzy: I hesitate to complete the upgrade until I know that I won't mess it up.

Thanks!

Kim

Guest Craftisan

If you did your own installation, you definitely did create a MySQL Db, and it follows logically that you did assign a user name and password to it. Logical because otherwise CC would not work.

Question - how did CC get installed? Did you upload the files yourself, or did use Fantastico?

Okay phew! Then I guess the SQL got setup.

My CC was installed through my Lunar cpanel using Fantastico... I went back and look but there is no option for me to update through there. I only knew I had to update because it showed a box in the CC store settings when I login.

I think I may have gotten confused because when I followed the link to upgrade I followed the one for upgrading from v.15 to v.16 however when I landed there I just clicked the download button.... https://www.cubecart.com/site/helpdesk/inde...=55&nav=0,5

....today I noticed a separate link for the v.15 to v.16 link and the files in that zip are different than what I originally downloaded. I gather that I am to just upload those 6 or so folders onto my site? There is no readme or instructions within the zip file.

....today I noticed a separate link for the v.15 to v.16 link and the files in that zip are different than what I originally downloaded. I gather that I am to just upload those 6 or so folders onto my site? There is no readme or instructions within the zip file.
That is correct. To upgrade from 3.0.15 to 3.0.16, just uploaded the changed files. However if you are using a custom skin on your site, there is a skin file update which *may* upset the layout of your store if you overwrite your skin file. It's only the view order template, but you never know! :P

Guest Craftisan

That is correct. To upgrade from 3.0.15 to 3.0.16, just uploaded the changed files. However if you are using a custom skin on your site, there is a skin file update which *may* upset the layout of your store if you overwrite your skin file. It's only the view order template, but you never know! ;)

Thanks for letting me know about the skin. :P

I have created my own skin so I will make a backup of those files just to be safe.

Thanks very much for the help and advice - it is greatly appreciated!