Newbie needs to reinstall, I think. Help!

Guest framesti

Guest framesti

Previously installed oscommerce but found it too cumbersome and difficult (I'm new at this, and gettin' old).

Tried to install Cube Cart and was asked to remove certain files, which I botched up, I guess. I removed too much and now can't access my url www.yourlicenseframe.com . I have the option of deleting "unknown installation" when starting to install Cube Cart. What should I do?

Len

Previously installed oscommerce but found it too cumbersome and difficult (I'm new at this, and gettin' old).

Tried to install Cube Cart and was asked to remove certain files, which I botched up, I guess. I removed too much and now can't access my url www.yourlicenseframe.com . I have the option of deleting "unknown installation" when starting to install Cube Cart. What should I do?

Len

Actually, I think you need need more than just a re-install of CC. It appears that you removed required root files.

I suggest that you contact your hosting provider and ask them to reinstall your domain from a backup. (They do provide backups, . . . yes?) That's a simple, 15 second thing and they shouldn't balk at it.

To help you avoid a repetition of the problem, please tell us how you did accomplish the CC installation. Did you use Fantastico? Or did you upload its files to your server using an FTP program?

Guest degsey69

Yup

Talk to your ISP and get them to do a clean fresh install so that you can upload cubecart.

Personally I only use ISP's that have a cpanel with fantastico in it because it is sooooo much easier and quicker to install the popular web software.

Degsey

Guest framesti

Len

Actually, I think you need need more than just a re-install of CC. It appears that you removed required root files.

I suggest that you contact your hosting provider and ask them to reinstall your domain from a backup. (They do provide backups, . . . yes?) That's a simple, 15 second thing and they shouldn't balk at it.

To help you avoid a repetition of the problem, please tell us how you did accomplish the CC installation. Did you use Fantastico? Or did you upload its files to your server using an FTP program?

I used Fantastico, but I think I may have "overdeleted" while trying to get rid of oscommerce. My host is Siteground, and I'm going to ask them to reload my domain. THanks much.

Len

Guest framesti

Len

Len

Guest framesti

Len

Len

JerseyJoe: I re-uploaded my website www.yourlicenseframe.com and it seems OK. I then uploaded files from the Upload folder in the downloaded CC. I uploaded them to a folder I created called "store" which was under the public_html folder. I tried to access www.yourlicenseframe.com/store but got the error 404 and "the requested url not found. I probably should've used Fantastico, which is in my CP. Where did I go wrong?