Switched to osCommerce

Guest Trevor56

Guest Trevor56

This forum is comprised of self centered programmers who try to keep everything about CubeCart a secret. No one replys with the full information one is searching for, and most that reply expect everyone to be a programmer! The newbies get hammered because we do not know what to look for or search for or ask for, that is because we DON'T know!

I tried for a week and a half to get CC setup for the email portion to do downloaded products, most of all I got was rude comments and half answered information.

I tried osCommerce yesterday, 2 hours to configure, then 1 hours today to verify the download portion, and everything worked like clockwork :(

If cube cart is so easy, why do you have so many posts about the same issues?

Good luck with CC, there are better ones out there!

Guest Trevor56

Well I certainly will, at least mine is working and don't have to redisgn the wheel to make it work like in CC :(

I though you said you would never post a reply to me again? I guese someone is lonely and needs someone to shoot the s**t with about CC, and all its flaws!!! LOL :D

Have a nice life :D

I am glad you have managed to get your site working.

Remember, not all of us are programmers and try to help the best we can :(

Guest Trevor56

Hello Subten,

You have been a help but the rest re just full of ******, sorry, that is an AMERICAN term :( No offense to you :D

The rest on this panel can go screw themselves :D They are working with a substandard, no documentation software, I am using GNU and it is free and can be changed at will, comes with loads of documenation.

For instance in CC to update currency exchange rates other than manually, you need a mod, standard in OSC;

In CC, if you need to show the number of items in a catagory, you need a mod, standard in OSC;

In CC, to sort the items in a catagory, you need a mod, standard in OSC... get the point???

And guess what, it is easier to set up!!!

I guess everyone using CC wants to reinvent the wheel, what a bunch of loosers, you should really get a life!

I don't think you need to be quite as offensive, for me everything works fine as it does for thousands of others. You made your point and are happy with something else thats all. Before Cubecart I had numerous problems with other carts, it happens. Good luck.

Guest Trevor56

I don't think it is offensive to point out the lack pf options in CC, but I do aggree with you however, it may be offensive to the people who support CC, then need to modify the hell out of it to make it work! LOL :(

Maybe that is a programmer thing :D Why do you all get so offended, oops, I guess that is the programmer part coming out in you :D

Well I am not a programmer at all but I managed to find all the answers to any problems I encountered on the forums somewhere. Also the support if paid for is exemplary. Its not costly and if your serious about your store worth every penny.

Guest Trevor56

Well the license for OSC is GNU, but they have great documentation, whats the difference? Oh, I know what it is, offer a free product, give no support and "force" them to make the 90 US$ payment for support, right, great product!!! LMAO

Now, if you have, and offer a GNU licensed product, the only support to expect is from users, no problem. I have a 114 page install and setup manual from OSC, what does CC offer??? Oh, a 3 page install quide... nothing covers what to do once you get it installed (after all, they are after that 90 US$ :(

But when I go to a forum on CC, and get half answers, and rude comments, what is someone to expect?

Well put Stevie68.

Trevor56, sorry you didn't get on well with CubeCart, and we wish you the best of luck with OSCommerce. It's highly respected, and we hope it serves your needs.

Unfortunantly, due to you breaking our forum rules with your colourful use of the english language, and attitude towards our forum members, we're banning your account.