Moving CubeCart up a directory?

Guest hoecake

Guest hoecake

Is there an easy way to move your cubecart store up a directory? My site is at mydomain.com/cart/ and I want to move it up just to the mydomain.com. Is there any easy way to do this?

Thanks,

Robert

Guest KGBelectronics

Is there an easy way to move your cubecart store up a directory? My site is at mydomain.com/cart/ and I want to move it up just to the mydomain.com. Is there any easy way to do this?

Thanks,

Robert

BACKUP FIRST

Copy the files from the /cart directory to the destination directory

Modify the includes/global.inc.php file to change the references from mydomain.com/cart to mydomain. Be careful to maintain the slashes. As a rule :

$glob['rootDir'] = No trailing slash

$glob['rootRel'] = Has a trailing slash

$glob['storeURL'] = No trailing slash

If you have no mods that have fixed references (as opposed to relative ones) that should be all. Only testing will tell ...

The /cart directory can be deleted or left intact to serve as a backup (up to you), just test EVERYTHING first.

Cheers,

Ken

As far as testing goes, it's better to change the name of the original subdirectory, or the absolute references will still find the original files and no errors will be apparent.

• 2 weeks later...