Google Analytics Code

Guest victoria16

Can someone please help i would like to know how and where to paste the code in for google analytics.
It goes at the bottom of the global templates, in here 'skins/your_skin/styleTemplates/global/', before the '</body>'.

Guest victoria16

Can someone please help i would like to know how and where to paste the code in for google analytics.

It goes at the bottom of the global templates, in here 'skins/your_skin/styleTemplates/global/', before the '</body>'.

Thank you for your reply. I have navigated to the folder global but i have another 2 folders cart and index which of these two should i modify.

Guest webicon

Thank you for your reply. I have navigated to the folder global but i have another 2 folders cart and index which of these two should i modify.

Inside the global folder should be two files (not folders). You need to paste the code into BOTH index.tpl and cart.tpl ...

Guest victoria16

Ok done it and uploaded the 2 new files hopefully i have done it right. Thank you for your help.

Be sure to configure your goals in your Google Analytics account.

Hmmm, is this somthing i must do not sure about this i will have to look into it. I have only just learnt about google analytics today so its still new to me.

• 1 month later...
Guest jonjz

Hi

I have installed Google Analytics tracking on my site as per the great instructions found here thankyou !!

However I want to configure goals too. I guess that one goal would be a click converting to a sale and also another goal for click converting to a email sign up?

Last week I saw my first sale and then a couple of days ago I got my second sale,This is Amazing but I Don't know where my customers came from i.e (ppc/organic search what keyword etc) , I have just installed the hear about us mod but I guess what I am asking is should I no where they came from? is there some report I can look at that will give me this info.

Can anyone help me

As always I have more questions than answers

( thankfully)

Jon

This is the site I made for my wife

Unique Handcrafted Jewelry By BarbieGirls Studio