payment gateway option...

Guest kc1668

Guest kc1668

hi everyone,

currently i am using paypal, but i plan to do a lot of international sales, but it seems like the protection from paypal is limited... since some countries don't have confirmed addresses...

i am thinking to have orders shipped to billing address only, so it would be a bit more protection for me...

i think ccnow has that option that would limited shipping to billing address only, am i correct?

Do you guys recommend other gateways that has similar function?

thanks

Guest valencia

hi everyone,

currently i am using paypal, but i plan to do a lot of international sales, but it seems like the protection from paypal is limited... since some countries don't have confirmed addresses...

i am thinking to have orders shipped to billing address only, so it would be a bit more protection for me...

i think ccnow has that option that would limited shipping to billing address only, am i correct?

thanks

Don't count on being safe if shipping to billing address only.

Using both ccavenue and 2Checkout, on separate occasions, I have shipped to the billing address, even spoke to a person on the phone at the confirmed telephone number and still have been hit with a chargeback.

CCavenue actually passed the sale and days later marked it as high risk AFTER the order had been sent out. Also with CCavenue, I shipped one by Fedex with a signature and still could not contend a chargeback. I have even had Paypal freeze funds for a sale already and had to work to sort it out. So far tho, Paypal has been the safest one, even though its rigourous verification sometimes declines true customers.

Not to worry you, but only due diligence can help, especially if persons are buying multiples of tangible goods. I sell quite a bit and have very few incidences (thank god), hopefullt the same experience will yours.

Guest kc1668

hi everyone,

thanks

Don't count on being safe if shipping to billing address only.

Using both ccavenue and 2Checkout, on separate occasions, I have shipped to the billing address, even spoke to a person on the phone at the confirmed telephone number and still have been hit with a chargeback.

CCavenue actually passed the sale and days later marked it as high risk AFTER the order had been sent out. Also with CCavenue, I shipped one by Fedex with a signature and still could not contend a chargeback. I have even had Paypal freeze funds for a sale already and had to work to sort it out. So far tho, Paypal has been the safest one, even though its rigourous verification sometimes declines true customers.

Not to worry you, but only due diligence can help, especially if persons are buying multiples of tangible goods. I sell quite a bit and have very few incidences (thank god), hopefullt the same experience will yours.

Thank you valencia B)

i was worry because i will be selling expensive collectibles... each charge back would def kill me.. :w00t:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest webicon

I think all third party gateways have their plus and minus points - You really to compare the smallprint of several to get a better idea.

Usually those with a higher transaction fee have better protection - but not always. And fraudulent transactions may not appear for months. I once had a walk in freezer charge back at 3k - 3 MONTHS after the original transaction and that was through a PDQ machine with my own bank (despite having customer verified at address and being passed as cleared via Visa and my own bank!).

One thing that will help you with all gateways is to provide track and trace on all sendouts - if a customer is claiming that they have not received or that it is fraudulent - a payment gateway will ask you if you can prove they have sent it.

ps. For the majority of my drop-shipping sites I use BOTH paypal and Google Checkout...I have found both helpful with any issues and for claims where customer has claimed non-receipt/fraudulent transaction, being able to prove delivery with track and trace has meant that the gateways have found in my favour and I have not had to refund.... :)