is PROTX playing up?

exiladler

We had a sample shop working fine with PROTX Text server and working currently on a live shop. Both seem to have gone bad over the weekend and causing us endless grieve.

Some issues are relating to the keeping logged in when the session comes back from Protx as otherwise the client just sees a 'you have to log in message' and the the order status is not updated.

Anyone else having similar problems?

Regards

Peter

Guest naturalstudio

We had a sample shop working fine with PROTX Text server and working currently on a live shop. Both seem to have gone bad over the weekend and causing us endless grieve.

Some issues are relating to the keeping logged in when the session comes back from Protx as otherwise the client just sees a 'you have to log in message' and the the order status is not updated.

Regards

Peter

I think I'm probably experiencing the same thing. I reported this back in March ( http://www.cubecart.com/site/forums/index....67&hl=protx ), but no reply and still no solution. Like you, my Protx ordering used to work without issue, but now orders get stuck at pending. This is a particular issue for digital downloads where it's important that it proceeds to processing or people can't see the download link.

Someone must have a solution - please!

Have you contacted Protx?

Strange, but once the skinning work was finished, it looked like everything fell back into place. One theory is that due to using the Express Checkout, it gets confused if you enable a seconds (in our case Print) Gateway. Once that was all put back to normal, at least Protx seems to work in Test mode without problems. Kepp your fingers crossed as I am going to run extensive tests tomorrow again.

Thanks for the feedback

Peter

• 2 weeks later...

Regards

Peter

I have had a problem with Protx payments for the past month - we don't get many orders through my cubecart store, but the few we have are never paid for now. I used to ignore it because it has always worked fine, and so many people abandon their purchase at the payment page. Anyway I got suspicious about it today and checked - the problem is that Protx returns an error every time saying that the card number is invalid, so the customers are just wandering off again.

I don't know if this is a protx problem, but my two other stores using protx (not Cubecart work fine with Protx. I know that Protx did some changes recently, but nothing I'm aware of that would affect this store from working.

Help! :blink:

Regards

Peter

I have had a problem with Protx payments for the past month - we don't get many orders through my cubecart store, but the few we have are never paid for now. I used to ignore it because it has always worked fine, and so many people abandon their purchase at the payment page. Anyway I got suspicious about it today and checked - the problem is that Protx returns an error every time saying that the card number is invalid, so the customers are just wandering off again.

I don't know if this is a protx problem, but my two other stores using protx (not Cubecart work fine with Protx. I know that Protx did some changes recently, but nothing I'm aware of that would affect this store from working.

Help! :blink:

I've just checked and it is the same problem on both my Cubecart stores.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest pocor1

Regards

Peter

TOTALLY 100% Same deal as you!

We have a site that is low volumes but on checking the failed transactions log - EVERY visitor to the payment page has been thrown off by that same PROTX error!

Now that the PROTX support is dead and they send back a reply to all support email saying they are "busy"... I think alternative payment providers MUST be considered =/

Guest Citrus

Do you know if this error is occurring for all cards?

Protx have had issues with 3D Secure, even in the last week they have addressed something with NatWest cards.

The majority of our client's orders are being processed correctly: a number of 'pending' orders are actually because the customer's card was declined by the bank. There is also a lot of confusion with buyers using 3D Secure.

Jim

Guest acematti

Hi I too am having problems with protx. The payment process goes through first time to the protx credit card details page no bother. But then if i open another browser tab and go back to my store add some things to the basket then checkout when i get passed over to the gateway I get an error from protx stating the following:

An error has occurred whilst attempting the requested operation. The error is:

Incomplete information submitted. No Crypt field supplied.

This all happened in Internet Explorer 7, i cant get it to do this in any other browser.

What is even more interesting is when i was doing the above I was using the express checkout way of doing the payment its express checkout mod version 4 i believe. If i registered and tried to recreate the error by passing two orders through failing the first and restarting another then it still worked ok.

Another thing is I can get it to work just fine if i change a setting in IE. If I go to tools -> options -> general -> browsing history -> settings and then set it to reload a page each time i visit it then it will work every time even if i use the express mod.

I think it may be something to do with the session data from the express mod.

Is anyone else having this problem? I thought my setup was working fine but only when i tried to re-do an order it stuffed up so everyone beware it may work first time over but break off halfway after selecting a payment method and try it again. Double check everything.

If anyone has any light on this matter I will be most grateful as I think its something that more people are effected by than we think.

Cheers in advance Matt

Guest acematti

Anyone got any ideas for this? Im not sure what to look at, is it the session data that I should be looking at, or is there some way to make a page refresh everytime, so it is not stored locally?

Any help or advice would be greatly received.

Cheers

Matt

• 2 weeks later...
Guest acematti

I think the only way to solve this is not to use the fast checkout system.

I have looked and looked through the code but cannot find a solution.

Anyone else know about problems with the Fast Checkout Mod?