Cubecart like Content Management system?

Guest linksfor

Guest linksfor

Hi Everyone,

I was thinking a lot how to make CC more usable for not only online stores but also for simple websites. I decided that in CC it isn't enough site docs with one page: (for example: site doc named About us and etc. So it would be more cool if any site doc would have some sub-docs :ninja: (example: site doc named About us and some sub-docs named Our company, Our vision and etc.)

This mod would make CC more powerfull shopping cart and website content managemet system in One!

Any suggestions?

Best regards!

The ultimate system would combine's CubeCart's ease of use and ecommerce capabilities with the CMS organizing structure and power of Drupal. Their taxonomy system and custom URL support is second to none.

Firstly, CubeCart is a CMS. See Wikipedia for a definition of a web content management system.

Secondly, a mod exists to add descriptions to the categories. Then just remove the 'no products in this category' text, and you have exactly what you are describing. Keep up :)

Thirdly, for something with more versatility and power, MODx knocks the socks of anything known to man (or woman). It can easily take on the global template of CubeCart, and have a design merge as easy as 1-2-3. I can give you a top notch example of what I mean, but I can't post it without breaking the forum rules. ;)

Guest pixelsdesign

Firstly, CubeCart is a CMS. See Wikipedia for a definition of a web content management system.

Secondly, a mod exists to add descriptions to the categories. Then just remove the 'no products in this category' text, and you have exactly what you are describing. Keep up :)

Thirdly, for something with more versatility and power, MODx knocks the socks of anything known to man (or woman). It can easily take on the global template of CubeCart, and have a design merge as easy as 1-2-3. I can give you a top notch example of what I mean, but I can't post it without breaking the forum rules. ;)

Hi Robsta,

Can you PM me the example, love to see it.

thanks,

pixel

I'll second Rob's kudos for MODx. I've used them ALL and MODx kicks so much booty that it's not even in the same ballpark. MODx was written by coders for coders. It's got tons of power yet great ease of use and flexibility. I won't use anything else.

:)

• 3 years later...
Guest davesd

I'll second Rob's kudos for MODx. I've used them ALL and MODx kicks so much booty that it's not even in the same ballpark. MODx was written by coders for coders. It's got tons of power yet great ease of use and flexibility. I won't use anything else.

HI i would love to see this too as i want to build pages on my site, but link into them from the store....

pls advise where and how

many thanks

dave

HI i would love to see this too as i want to build pages on my site, but link into them from the store....

pls advise where and how

many thanks

dave

Visit CubeCartForums.org and post there. Mod links are not permitted in this forum, and there is one for what you need.