Listing

Guest American Eagle Hosting Network

Hi,

I am new to CubeCart. I was wondering I am making a website now. And I need to know a few things:

1. I need to charge Sales tax but only in the local state which is Arkansas at 9%, So I want to ONLY charge residents in Arkansas, so if someone buys from Arkansas they will get charge the item fee X.XX + 9% Sales tax, and someone in Texas get charged only X.XX and not the sales tax, how do I do this?

2. I am making a website to sell Sporting goods, and I am baseball bats. I have a set they are all $379.95 Each but They come in 4 Diffrent Sizes. So I want it when they come to this base ball bat they can use a pull down window and choose there size and when I get there order it will tell me what size they choose.

3. I am going to use the local Credit Card Company they are emailing me there Gateway information is there any special way I have to program it in CubeCart, or how exactly do you do that?

4. I want to change up the left and right margins, I know probably someone said something about it some were so if someone can send me to that board or tell me how to make custom ones and all that good stuff I will be happy :o

I think that is all the question I have for now, Thank you in advanced whom ever desires too assist me.

Also, I am running Version 3.0.15. Is this the most stable version, and if not which one should I upgrade too?

Guest webicon

Welcome to the forums!

1. In Admin > Store Config > Taxes - you can choose just one state to tax as opposed to whole country

2. In Admin > Catlog > Product Options (same as for oscommerce, zen cart if you are familiar with these programs) will allow you to configure size, colour etc

3. Hmmmn - Custom checkouts. I dont know - depends on the set up for that company I suppose - If you need help with this you could always come back and ask when you have more details of the type of set up used. In addition if you go to cubecartforums.org and post a request for a specific mod - chances are you will find many able modders willing to assist (if at a small cost)

4. Try this pinned post on layout modification. There is also some great documentation over at cubecartforums.org...

I'm running 3.0.15 just fine on three stores and am very happy with it!

Good Luck!

I'm running 3.0.15 just fine on three stores and am very happy with it!

Good Luck!

Not all of us were happy with 3.015.

I host and manage a number of client stores. Some are still 3.0.15 and have been problem-free. But I did encounter a few situations with weird behavior, for which 3.0.16 was the simple cure.

For example, one client's store would not allow uploading of images under 3.0.15. When I upgraded to 3.016 that issue went away.

Since then, while I've not found it necessary to replace any other 3.0.15's, I build all new stores only with 3.0.16.

All right, thank you both! I will go ahead and upgrade the cart and come back when I get more info on the Merchant account. They were suppose to email me the information but they are failing to do that. Thank you again!

Quick Question is there any way to brand a picture when it is uploaded, were like as soon as I upload a picture it will put brand it for my cart name or what ever I choose?

And Can I make it were a item is never out of stock?