Guest realwebvalues

Currently my cube cart is https://realwebvalues.com

It is configured and fully functional.

I need to move it to \shopping

In CubeCart Admin is currently:

"Root SECURE Public HTML Folder to store: /"

I will need to change it to:

"Root SECURE Public HTML Folder to store: /shopping/"

Now I anticipate that I now need to create that folder under /public_html right?

What file folders/files will need to be moved?

Please advise...

Currently my cube cart is https://realwebvalues.com

It is configured and fully functional.

I need to move it to \shopping

In CubeCart Admin,

I changed setting from:

"Root SECURE Public HTML Folder to store: /"

To:

"Root SECURE Public HTML Folder to store: /shopping/"

Now I anticipate that I now need to create that folder under /public_html right?

What file folders/files will need to be moved?

Please advise...

First thing you'll want to do is a full and verified backup of your database. I also suggest creating a spreadsheet version of your products as well. There are tutorials on both those actions. If you don't find them here, in this forum over in www.cubecartforums.com because the people who wrote those tutorials hang out over there.

Then do a full download of the web site itself and all its graphics and any mods you may have installed.

As for which files you need, everything that was in the upload folder when you installed CC. But there may be a catch. If you used Fantastico to do the installation, you probably never saw the upload folder. If that's the case, download a fresh copy of the same CC version as your installation and let its upload folder be your guide as to which files you would have installed had you done it the manual way.

Caution: if you have already installed and configured one or more payment gateways, you may have to look to the initial backup for associated files.

Good Luck

Guest realwebvalues

Does this make sense, is this worth considering:

Perhaps I don't need to move the store. My delema is that my SSL certificate is on realwebvalues.com

and my cube cart is on that domain as well and I need to add store front web pages to come up when one trys to access the http://www.realwebvalues instead of the cube cart launching.

I could then point the domain to the web page index.htm but then I'd need to know what cubecart file launches it which I could then link to...

Guest realwebvalues

Please help... I did the backup and uninstalled cube cart from root directory. Then I installed Cube cart in realwebvalues.com

First thing you'll want to do is a full and verified backup of your database. I also suggest creating a spreadsheet version of your products as well. There are tutorials on both those actions. If you don't find them here, in this forum over in www.cubecartforums.com because the people who wrote those tutorials hang out over there.

Then do a full download of the web site itself and all its graphics and any mods you may have installed.

As for which files you need, everything that was in the upload folder when you installed CC. But there may be a catch. If you used Fantastico to do the installation, you probably never saw the upload folder. If that's the case, download a fresh copy of the same CC version as your installation and let its upload folder be your guide as to which files you would have installed had you done it the manual way.

Caution: if you have already installed and configured one or more payment gateways, you may have to look to the initial backup for associated files.

Good Luck