which pp gateway is which? There are 3 offered

jerseyjoe

For the first time, I have a client using PayPal Website Payments Pro. But I can't tell which of the three CubeCart options for PayPal is the appropriate one.

Then to complicate the issue, on the PayPal site, inthe client's account, there is a step that offers:

Grant API Permission

Select this option if you have been instructed by your shopping cart or solution provider to grant them permission to make API calls on your behalf.

and an option

Request API Credentials

Select this option if your website will make API calls directly or if your shopping cart or solution provider requires you to use your own API credentials.

So

1) which of the three options in CC do I chose?

2) which of the 2 options in the PP site do I chose?

TIA

Further - the CC configuration interface is not as helpful as it must be and surely is a source of of un-necessary frustration.

The problem is simple:

The CC configuration interface says:

API Certificate Location:

Please ensure your API certificate is

uploaded to this location on your server. /home/itsgreek/public_html/pear/cert_key_pem.txt

This file does not currently exist.

But that is useless information except for those who already know what it means and therefore do not need it anyway.

I say that because on the PayPal page where you get information to fill in the configuration, the words "API certificate" do not otherwise appear anywhere nor are there any examples or guidance as to what goes into this so-called "cert_key_pem.txt"

Is the entire text from the PP page the certificate? Such as:

Developers: Do not share your credential or use it in a manner in which others can access it. Consider storing the credential as a properties file in a secure location other than your web server document root and setting the file permissions so that only the system user executing your ecommerce application can access it.

Credential: API Signature

API Username: redacted

API Password: redacted

Signature: redacted

Request Date: Jul. 8, 2007 14:23:21 PDT

or is an API Certificate some of that information? Or something else entirely different from some other source?

It's another one of those things unique to computer instructions - if you know already, you don't need this instruction - and if you don't know what it means, this information will only frustrate you further.

If someone will tell what text is wanted in this new file and where to get it, I promise I will keep the secret.

TIA