Product Options Assign option & value to product

Tuba

hi Iam a relative newbie, Iam trying to understand what the + -NA options do on the assign Options section, I have viewed the Tutorial but i am still confused.

Does it work like this:

+ which adds the attribute price to the basic price

– subtracts the attribute price from the basic price

NA means the attribute price is the price of the product with that attribute.

Any advise would be appreciated

Guest webicon

Does it work like this:

Spot on... :cry:

You may also like to have a quick read of the documentation over at cubecartforums.org... they have some step by step set up guide on product options...

Guest MasterSpanky

Ok I get all this for the most part adding options and/or attributes can or will affect the price from the base price listed . So that if i am selling a T-Shirt for 10.00 dollars and the added option or attribute cost is to add 4.00 dollars to the base price shown that at check out ending in costing 14.00 dollars for the T-Shirt . My question is :: Is there a way to make it so that the customer can actually choose if they want that option or attribute ? Or am i missing some thing or maybe my setup is not right . And thank you for the link on the setting up of the options and attributes i have read that and it was very good but even there is does not address my question/problem . I would like to be able to have the customer be able to choose a color and what type of logo they would like but i am not sure is that is even possible . Any help would be greatly appreciated . I have looked and did not see this issue adressed any where else so i thought it best to start here where some what of the issue is being adressed already . I hope i am right in my posting here about this issue i do not mean to side track this string .

Does it work like this:

You may also like to have a quick read of the documentation over at cubecartforums.org... they have some step by step set up guide on product options...

Ok I get all this for the most part adding options and/or attributes can or will affect the price from the base price listed . So that if i am selling a T-Shirt for 10.00 dollars and the added option or attribute cost is to add 4.00 dollars to the base price shown that at check out ending in costing 14.00 dollars for the T-Shirt . My question is :: Is there a way to make it so that the customer can actually choose if they want that option or attribute ? Or am i missing some thing or maybe my setup is not right . And thank you for the link on the setting up of the options and attributes i have read that and it was very good but even there is does not address my question/problem . I would like to be able to have the customer be able to choose a color and what type of logo they would like but i am not sure is that is even possible . Any help would be greatly appreciated . I have looked and did not see this issue adressed any where else so i thought it best to start here where some what of the issue is being adressed already . I hope i am right in my posting here about this issue i do not mean to side track this string .

Does it work like this:

Guest eric47905

Master:

You must start with a base Like a blue shirt

Then you can add attributes starting with the first option being a blue shirt with no extra cost, then you can add red, black , etc.... and you can have the different colors cost extra or less or nothing.

Then add a second option of logo, and start with no logo, or a default at no extra charge, then have the other logos being plus or minus price from there.

I think you can do two options at least, In my store we have things that we have different sizes of, and for instance we start base price for one once of something at $2, then the options are 1 ounce (default) no extra charge since the price is set up based off of that, then 2 ounces is +$1, half ounce is -$1 or so...

Hope that makes sense and helps at all.

Guest MasterSpanky

First let me say thank you for the input . I did as you described but for some reason my store as it is now will add an option to the product automaticly without the customer saying yes or no to any of the options . My store is setup so that if there is an option you have to take it without choice and this is not good for what i am trying to do . I have had to add each one of my products induvidually and then make sure to point out how to complete the needed information for the orders thru the Your Comments box on the way thru check out . It has been a hazil baker way to work this problem out but as the old saying goes time is money and i thought i was more ready then i really am because of this issue . I am not sure if this is a settings problem with my site and its configuration or if this is an issue with the progam itself and the options once installed to a product are not choosable by the customer . I have setup one product on my site with options it is in the {COD}Thirt section it is the first T-shirt you see {COD}T-Shirt Size Medium W my site address is www.thecodstore.com just in case some one should want to have a look . I am willing to add my files for review but i am not sure what files may need to been seen to check out what is going on and if it is my site causing this . So some help there finding out what files and i will post my files so that we could see if this is my site settings . And maybe its just me but i dont think so i have been working on this store for about a month now and i think i am getting it but i just am not understanding this issue or how to fix it . Question for ya Eric when your customers go to your products do they actually have the choice to choose the options or does it automaticly insert them at check out ??

Master:

You must start with a base Like a blue shirt

Then you can add attributes starting with the first option being a blue shirt with no extra cost, then you can add red, black , etc.... and you can have the different colors cost extra or less or nothing.

Then add a second option of logo, and start with no logo, or a default at no extra charge, then have the other logos being plus or minus price from there.

I think you can do two options at least, In my store we have things that we have different sizes of, and for instance we start base price for one once of something at $2, then the options are 1 ounce (default) no extra charge since the price is set up based off of that, then 2 ounces is +$1, half ounce is -$1 or so...

Hope that makes sense and helps at all.

Guest acschnabel

Spanky -

I think you need to add another "generic" option to each category that will say something like "No Logo" without a cost increase. Make it default and that way, only the cost of the shirt will be added. If they choose one of the other options in the drop down list, it will add that cost to the option.

I'm pretty new to CC but getting the hang of it pretty quick. That's what I would do.

Tony.

Guest MasterSpanky

Hey All ,

Thank you all for your input !!! I GOT IT WORKING YAY !!! You where all right it was me this whole time yepper doodles i added Option Logo = No Logo = N/A then added Option = Logo =on Front only = + $3 and BAM it works right now !!! You all are great and i am sorry i am so slow in the head to get this on my own . So i have to say i am really glad that there are good patient peeps out here willing to help i cannot thank you all enough for your help !!!

SALUTE to you all your the best !!!!

:D<_<:D:D:D:D:D :D