Shipping by categories

Guest enricoresta

Guest enricoresta

Hi,

my name is Enrico.

I have a big trouble :pirate: with the spedition configurator!

My new web site is www.trophyhunt.it and it will open in the end of august!!!!

I need to configure spedition by category but I can't.

In admin panel in category spedition I select "enable" spedition by category.

After in category panel I insert the spedition price for each category, but when I put an item in the cart spedition doesn't exist!

WHYYYY?

Please help and sorry for my english!

Enrico :ninja:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest enricoresta

Hi jerseyjoe!

I've enabled correctly the Shipping Modules "shipping by category". Then i've tried to buy a product in my shop through ALL the steps of checkout... but i don't see anything about the cost of the shipping...

Can anyone help me?

Thanks...

Guest webicon

Hi Enrico -

Is it possible that you have not entered countries (ISO codes) in Admin> Shipping> per Category.

In Admin> Shipping> Per category:

Under national country you should enter Italys ISO code (believe it is 'IT' - but you should check under Admin>Countries and Zones). Under International you should add ISO's of all countries you wish to deliver to.

As JerseyJoe has correctly pointed out - shipping is based on Delivery Address - if you have no countries set here, no shipping is calculated - even if you have entered pricing at the category level.

There is another possibility, too. You may have products in more than one category.

I installed that mod and discovered that the shipping cost that is applied is determined by the primary category for the product.

In the test I did, I had products that were in a primary category - let's say, Category A - and then I used the Manage Categories feature to define certain of them as also being in Category B. When those items were bought, even though they had been searched for as Category B products, at checkout, the shipping rate for Category A was what applied.

So, if that is another possible reason why shipping costs by category prices might be inconsistent.

Guest enricoresta

hi jerseyjoe.

thank you again for your help!

i have no products in more than one category... ;):w00t:

can you please help me explaining me the steps i've to follow to configure the shipping by category module?

thanks!!