Adding Flash Video into product desciption page?

Has anyone added a flash video into the HTML of the product decription?

I've been able to add a flash video into the description, and it will play fine ... but it 'autoplays' even thouh I have the autoplay set to 'False'. :o

I don't want to the video to automatically play in order to save bandwidth and I would rather have the customer 'click' the video to play.

Has anyone been able to do this inside the CubeCart product description page without it autoplaying the video?

Guest Estuff UK

have you tryed to search some html website to find a fix mabey a simple onload script in the <body> tag might work im not great with onload so i cant really help but its worth a shot seach google for Body Onload html tags see what comes up

• 3 weeks later...

Why dont you just edit the flash movie so that it stops on frame one and if they click a button it plays? Probably alot easier.

I've been able to add a flash video into the description, and it will play fine ... but it 'autoplays' even thouh I have the autoplay set to 'False'. :sourcerer:

I don't want to the video to automatically play in order to save bandwidth and I would rather have the customer 'click' the video to play.

Has anyone been able to do this inside the CubeCart product description page without it autoplaying the video?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest armyofda12mnkeys

I've been able to add a flash video into the description, and it will play fine ... but it 'autoplays' even thouh I have the autoplay set to 'False'. :on2long:

hey just wondering if you got this to work Tim.

I wanted to add Flash video, but wasnt sure where to start as the FCKeditor has a insert Image button, but no swf insertion button i see. Did you add it via Description w/ a combo of FCKeditor some 'add swf' button or

with the 'Upload images' part which seems to only accept images and not swfs

hey just wondering if you got this to work Tim.

I wanted to add Flash video, but wasnt sure where to start as the FCKeditor has a insert Image button, but no swf insertion button i see. Did you add it via Description w/ a combo of FCKeditor some 'add swf' button or

with the 'Upload images' part which seems to only accept images and not swfs

I do have the flash up and the video is working ...however I still cannot get the flash to only start downloading ONLY when the play button is pressed. Currently, the whole video downloads even if the customer does not want to view it.

Yusef suggested 'Why don't you just edit the flash movie so that it stops on frame one and if they click a button it plays? Probably alot easier.'

--- I unfortunately have not be having any luck figuring out how to do this as it seems this might be what I need to go.

Here is the page with the flash video.

Also, I'm using the latest FCK editor with Cubecart and there is an 'Insert Flash' button in the menu. Not sure if it is available with the FCK editor that comes with Cubecart3