Evaluating CubeCart - two questions

Guest vavroom

Guest vavroom

Hello all,

I've read through the various forum and what I could find of documentation for CubeCart, but haven't been able to find answers to my questions.

I am evaluating different e-commerce solutions and this one is at the top of my list at the moment. However, there are two things that are mission critical for the purpose of this project:

1 - The ability to categorise documents. On top of the pure shopping areas, there will be many "writings" available for the public to read. These documents (to use CC nomenclature) must be categorised. Is there a way to do this *easily*? While I shall be setting up the system, my mate will be using it and his requirement is that it should be straight forward.

2- The ability of creating your own menus. I have seen that you can display the shop categories menu and the documents menu, and have some control (although this is not easy from a non-tech POV). It doesn't appear that there is a simple way to create and maintain your own menus. Have I missed something?

Thank you for any information you can provide.

1) Not possible as far as im aware so you would need a third party mod, mods can be found at cubecart.org and the third party mod forum at cubecartforums.org.

2) If you are familiar with html then you can change the menu's to suit you. CubeCart's template files are basically html with php place holders.

Thank you for the response.

Re menus, I was looking for a way to create menus from the admin panel, not having to modify html files. While I can do it, the person who will be using the system doesn't. Everything should be doable straight in the admin panel.

I've also been informed in another thread that there are apparently no mods to categorise docs.

So cubecart won't fit my needs.

Thanks for the response