Discounts by Quantity in Version 4??

Guest The Matt

Guest The Matt

Here's the problem...

Was running version 3 of cubecart perfectly fine (upgraded for the gift voucher option mainly!) but now I can't use the discounts by quantity addon that was being used before - anyone got any suggestions - it's pretty urgent as new catalogue going out in the next few days and need this to work!!

Many thanks in advance...

Matt

Guest Brivtech

I agree that this would be a wonderful feature to have as standard.

Unfortunately, it's something that will have to be added as a modification.

I can't see it being too difficult to program, you would need to have a separate price lookup table referring to the product, holding an array of quantity and price breaks. Ordering would need to be tweaked to accomodate the price break, but the order process wouldn't necessarily need to be changed apart from that. Basket and checkout would beed to be altered in case someone wants to change the quantity, then it would need to reflect the price.

This would take me ages to do, and I'm very busy at the moment anyway, so don't hold your breath.

Put it in the bug report as a feature request, and you never know! ;)

My suggestion would be to contact the author of the MOD you were using for CC3, they may be able to make a quick change to the code to make it fit in - Something I've found is that although sections of the code are different, the structure is similar, and with some tweaking, and renaming, you may very well get the same mod to work with your CC4 store.

• 1 month later...

Sorry I'm not of any help to you, but I just wanted to chime in and say I had thought quantity discounts were going to be built into CC4 as well. Maybe I got it confused with the coupons and gift certs, or maybe it was just wishful thinking, but it would be a nice addition.