Shipping Only Within Usa.

Guest Brivtech

Guest Brivtech

Why oh why do they do this?

I'm trying to order a replacement set of leaf springs for my GMC Safari (one of them snapped recently), to be shipped to England, and I have located only 2 companies that sell them, and both of them only ship to the USA.

Do any of you lot only ship within the USA? I'm trying to understand the logic behind it.

I even wrote to one of the companies telling them I would be more than happy to cover any additional administrative fees or costs involved with my order, use my own courier to collect, and they came back to me telling me, "We cannot change our shipping policy, if you know someone living in the USA, we will be happy to ship to them". To be honest, I'm surprised about this, I always thought service in the USA always put the customer first.

Does anyone have a solution to this by the way?

Our (the US) geographical isolation makes shipping outside the country extremely expensive. Also, the paperwork required for overseas shipping appears seriously daunting to many people. Europe is reasonably small by comparison to the US and as such, cross-border shipping is much more "normal" than it is here. The percentage of international versus domestic sales and shipping for most companies is usually a small single digit number...and often far less than 1%. With this, it's just not worth the hassle to deal with overseas shipping.

Yikes that was rambling. Anyway, maybe that'll help explain. Sorry I don't have a solution for you.

:w00t:

Guest Brivtech

No rambling at all, it actually helped put it in perspective.

I finally managed to find an alternative supplier who supplies replacement steel springs instead of fibreglass. They're more expensive, but still about £200 cheaper (including shipping) than I can get here, so untill I have any other options I'm going to go for it within about a week.