No Payment Gateway Variable Is Set

Guest cathyw

I just changed my cart from PayPal IPN to Standard as customers were getting the "order failed" message (even though the orders hadn't failed) but now I'm getting "No payment gateway variable is set" when I click on the "return to store" button.

I've searched and searched these forums but can't find an answer, can someone help me out or point me in the right direction please?

Many thanks

• 3 weeks later...

• 1 month later...
Guest evo2008

I'm experiencing the same error - only in Firefox.

When a customer goes through my cart, then on to paypal and pays, they press the orange RETURN TO MERCHANT BUTTON and in Internet Explorer it's WORKS and returns to my website - BUT in Firefox it doesn't return to my website, instead it's a white screen with the words " Error: No payment gateway variable is set!" and the order does not change from Pending to Processing, it stays on Pending.

How can I overcome this? Remember, it works fine IE, just not FFox! Thanks.

• 1 year later...

FOUND A FIX TO BOTH MY AUTORETURN probs using IPN Paypal + no payment gateway variable set problem!!!!

1st: for Autoreturn problems just change IPN to standard in your cubecart admin

2: for the "NO PAYMENT GATEWAY VARIABLE SET" you just have to go to

includes/content/confirmed.inc.php

then delete ALL the ############### around Sir william's fix (there are two sets of them around the following lines when you open up your confirmed.inc.php file

[// Following lines added for Sir William's PayPal AutoReturn Fix

} elseif(isset($_GET['tx']) && isset($_GET['st'])) {

$basket['gateway'] = "PayPal";]

.....(the # "comments out" his fix, dunno why they even put those in the scripting)

Make sure you are using the latest 2 cubecart versions 3.0.19 or 18

Hope you find that helpful. I used it for my husband's store http://www.coloroflincoln.com/shop and it works!

Guest peetiepie

FOUND A FIX TO BOTH MY AUTORETURN probs using IPN Paypal + no payment gateway variable set problem!!!!

1st: for Autoreturn problems just change IPN to standard in your cubecart admin

2: for the "NO PAYMENT GATEWAY VARIABLE SET" you just have to go to

includes/content/confirmed.inc.php

then delete ALL the ############### around Sir william's fix (there are two sets of them around the following lines when you open up your confirmed.inc.php file

[// Following lines added for Sir William's PayPal AutoReturn Fix

} elseif(isset($_GET['tx']) && isset($_GET['st'])) {

$basket['gateway'] = "PayPal";]

.....(the # "comments out" his fix, dunno why they even put those in the scripting)

Make sure you are using the latest 2 cubecart versions 3.0.19 or 18

Hope you find that helpful. I used it for my husband's store http://www.coloroflincoln.com/shop and it works!

I tried your fix and when I get to the payment page, I still have an empty white box and a message which says "No payment methods have been configured." I have checked and re-checked all other variables and I don't know where else to look. Any other help would be appreciated. I need this site to work ASAP. www.ranchaccents.com Thanks in advance!!

• 1 month later...

Another one here with this issue.

Like peetiepie, i also tried the fix of deleting the #############'s and i still get the 'Error: No payment gateway variable is set!' message. Both in firefox and internet explorer.

I am using cubecart 3.0.20. I have just spent 4 hours skinning my test store, before checking that the payments/orders etc are going through! Stupid of me - should have got the nuts and bolts working first but i got carried away. Anyway, there's no going back now - somebody please help us?

PS The payments are coming through, and the orders in the store admin are shown as processing

• 2 weeks later...

Another one here with this issue.

Like peetiepie, i also tried the fix of deleting the #############'s and i still get the 'Error: No payment gateway variable is set!' message. Both in firefox and internet explorer.

I am using cubecart 3.0.20. I have just spent 4 hours skinning my test store, before checking that the payments/orders etc are going through! Stupid of me - should have got the nuts and bolts working first but i got carried away. Anyway, there's no going back now - somebody please help us?

PS The payments are coming through, and the orders in the store admin are shown as processing

If order is Processinf IPN works.

Watch the URL once redirected to store there should be very LONG one. If the url ends like confirmed.php please go to your PayPal account >> Profile >> Website Payment Prefferences and make sure Payment Data Transfer is set to YES.

If order is Processinf IPN works.

Watch the URL once redirected to store there should be very LONG one. If the url ends like confirmed.php please go to your PayPal account >> Profile >> Website Payment Prefferences and make sure Payment Data Transfer is set to YES.

Did that already - made no difference! I have bought cubecart 4 now, but would still be interested to see if anyone has a fix for this.

• 2 years later...