Customers Can't See Credit Card Option

Guest www.DazzleUrself.com

Guest www.DazzleUrself.com

Is there a way to customize this page or redirect them directly to the credit card payment option? Most my customers seem wary to open a paypal account. The Credit Card only choice is so small they can't see it.

Use_Credit_Card.jpg

Any suggestions???

Guest webicon

Hi there,

Funny enough - on my site I have done literally what you have done above....

In skins/myskin/styletemplates/content/gateway.tpl just before the continue button (which takes them off to paypal) I have done a screenshot (of just the bottom left bit) of this first Paypal page and highlighted the 'continue' button - as you have done, with a short message explaining that they dont need a paypal account....

Since I did this I have had very few that do not complete their order.

I also find it useful to automatically send out Paypal invoices to customers who have placed an order but did not complete - for the reason you highlight. It is simply that people DO NOT READ!

For 'Pending' orders, I send out a Paypal request stating that their order has not completed because they did not complete payment via paypal and that to reinstate their order they should pay using the link (which does take them through as if they have no existing account). A customer is not obligated to pay - they can easily cancel the order at this stage - but at least you as the shop owner will not be wondering what happened to the customer (and their money!). 9 times out of 10 they pay!

Also worth noting that on version 3 (not sure - maybe just me) - but if I checkout using Firefox, i am automatically presented with the screen as per the 'continue' page (i.e i am not a customer) - so in general i find I have a better conversion rate with Firefox users!!

Good luck with your store,

Sherie

Guest webicon

You could always get the Paypal Pro mod (listed at cubecartforums.org) - If you had an SSL certificate and upgraded your paypal account (£20 per month) - you could take payments directly on your site by just getting the customer to enter their credit card details.

I must say however that in two and a half years of running my cubecart store I have had very few instances where Paying with paypal was a particular problem/issue for the customer. ...

I quite agree that going to that first Paypal page is a drag. The CC option is so small and incidental, that some people DO miss it, and even for those who don't miss it, it is really cheesy and amateurish looking. The NEXT page is fine, and contains all of the same options and info - is there a way to bypass that first page?

I also added a graphic explaining the Paypal page, but that is an inelegant solution. Pointing out the correct way to navigate an extraneous page just makes the problem worse. I will try to ask Paypal, but I suspect they want that page there to encourage people to sign up (which they can do just as easily on the following less cheesy page) I notice on the PP demo of Website payments Standard and Pro, they do not show that page when they show you what your customers will see....

Cheers,

RD

Is there a way to customize this page or redirect them directly to the credit card payment option? Most my customers seem wary to open a paypal account. The Credit Card only choice is so small they can't see it.

Use_Credit_Card.jpg

Any suggestions???

Guest webicon

The NEXT page is fine, and contains all of the same options and info - is there a way to bypass that first page?

If you do Find a way - please do share with me.

I have been looking but as yet have not found. As I say - In Firefox - does go there automatically, but not with IE (which still the majority of people use)...