Php, Curl - Cubecarters Beware

djf

This refers to my earlier posting about my host disabling fopen.

I have spent the whole weekend researching and trying to fix the problem without results. My knowledge of php and curl is zero and fixes I've found and applied to cubecart didn't work.

What became apparent though is that my host, ipower.com is not the only one to disable fopen without any warning. I found at least 2 other hosting companies that have done this and the end result is that Cubecart will not work.

In my case a threat of legal action against them for loss of income induced them to enable fopen on my site, however, this whole saga has led to a shop downtime of 3 days so far. They said they would enable it within 24 - 48 hours as of today Sunday 12/16.

Maybe the authors need to address this problem with some urgency.

If this happens to you, which I sincerely hope it doesn't, then I hope you get a little more support from this forum than I have had. The only reply to my posting was "change hosts" which doesn't resolve what was an urgent problem for me.

Should any need them I have several links about replacing fopen with curl, you might be able to understand them better than I did. Just email me and I'll send them to you [email protected].