Coupon Code Not Working

Guest JodieR

I am having a problem with my coupons not working? (using the latest CC version) 4.1.1

(only one mod installed - latest product radomizer)

for example... I input:

code: WC0001

discount 8.95 ($)

* I've tried leaving allowed users/uses blank (and 0 - which it defaults to zero if nothing is put in anyway) and specifying an amount (eg 100 uses) ... none worked.

WHen I type the code WC0001 into the shopping cart it doesn't give me the discount? Doesn't show any errors, nothing in the admin pain that shows that one has been used.

After doing some searching on here, I see there has been hiccups with the coupon function before?

Do you think it could be a bug????

my website is www.alluringfashions.com (the above code is still enabled if anyone wants to test it)

cheers

Now I'm even more confused :(

Why won't it work for me?

It didn't work for my customer either?

I retested again (just before typing this) and no... still not working.

I logged in to admin, and I can see that it has been used once (by you)... but why does it work for you and not me.

I'm on a totally different computer at the moment (than My every day PC) as well.

I'm entering the coupon code here:

Got a gift certificate or promotional code? Enter Code:

* I've tried copy and pasting, typing it, upper case, lower case...

I click through to the next screen and the amount at the top shows the full amount without discount? I click through for a manual payment etc.... nup... didn't work.

This is driving me nuts :) especially because it worked for you... but not myself or my customer who reported it to me :(

Works fine for me too. Make sure you click the "Apply Changes" button after entering the code.

OMG!!!!!!!!! THAT's IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll be damned!

Does anyone know what file I would edit... to put a note on the checkout to remind people to click on the APPLY CHANGES button?

I've had two customer so far that it supposedly didn't work of (for that reason)... plus myself :) just wondering how to improve on that?

any ideas?

Thanks Stevie! Was hoping that it was a simple solution, I feel like such a dork... but at the same time... there's obvioulsy plenty of others out there that doesn't click to it either.

Mwah! thanks again!

• 1 month later...

Works fine for me too. Make sure you click the "Apply Changes" button after entering the code.

Is there a way to avoid this needed step? This is counter-intuitive, and since you can't go back to your order after you make the next step, the customer doesn't know what has gone wrong until it's too late.

Guest xceejayx

I've just made a bit of a work around for this... to make it like the picture below so it is less confusing for the customer.

picture1xx1.jpg

it's pretty simple - here's how i did it...

Go to skins/{your skin}/styletemplates/content/cart.tpl

Find:

<td><input name="coupon" type="text" class="textbox" maxlength="25" /></td>

Change to:

<td><input name="coupon" type="text" class="textbox" maxlength="25" /><br><a href="java script:submitDoc('cart');" class="couponButton">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Add Coupon&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</a></td>

***you may need to take the space out of javascript... for some reason the forum put it in and won't let me change it***

Go to skins/{your skin}/stylesheets/style.css

Add:

a.couponButton {

color: #FFFFFF;

background-image:url(../styleImages/backgrounds/ButtonBg.gif);

background-repeat:repeat;

background-position:left top;

line-height:22px;

font-size:12px;

padding:0 10px;

margin:2px 0 0 0;

text-transform:uppercase;

text-decoration:none;

border:1px solid #667777;

font-weight:bold;

}

a.couponButton:hover {

}

Hope that helps someone :yeahhh:

please note this was done on the carretta soft skin, so may need tweaking to fit your particular skin

Guest Afishcalledwanda

I've just made a bit of a work around for this... to make it like the picture below so it is less confusing for the customer.

picture1xx1.jpg

it's pretty simple - here's how i did it...

Go to skins/{your skin}/styletemplates/content/cart.tpl

Find:

<td><input name="coupon" type="text" class="textbox" maxlength="25" /></td>

Change to:

<td><input name="coupon" type="text" class="textbox" maxlength="25" /><br><a href="java script:submitDoc('cart');" class="couponButton">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Add Coupon&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</a></td>

***you may need to take the space out of javascript... for some reason the forum put it in and won't let me change it***

Go to skins/{your skin}/stylesheets/style.css

Add:

a.couponButton {

background-image:url(../styleImages/backgrounds/ButtonBg.gif);

background-repeat:repeat;

background-position:left top;

line-height:22px;

font-size:12px;

padding:0 10px;

margin:2px 0 0 0;

text-transform:uppercase;

text-decoration:none;

border:1px solid #667777;

font-weight:bold;

}

a.couponButton:hover {

}

Hope that helps someone ;)

Anyway to make this work with the KitaBlue theme? I tried it as shown here but no joy :yeahhh:

The button showed, split into two lines but if you click it I got a page not found error.

I'm thinking your tweak is template/skin specific?

Guest xceejayx

ahh yes, sorry, forgot to mention thats for a caretta skin!

i've never actually looked at the kita skin, but i imagine it'll just need tweaking around abit...

did you take the space out of javascript? also it may be on 2 lines because of the spaces either side of "add coupon", so try taking out the &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; either side...

• 1 year later...

I took the easy way out and simply changed the text on the checkout page from the admin panel - modules> languages>en > front end phrases > content> view basket /content pages. I changed the text displayed from "Got a gift cert or promo code" to "Enter code and click 'apply changes' button below"

• 8 months later...