Tax Options Question Before Upgrade

ember

I currently run a site on CC version 3.0.15 in the state of AR in the US. As of the 1st of this year, all internet sales are to be taxed in the state according to the location of delivery. In other words, my client's cart will now need to calculate sales tax for the state, county and local taxes of the buyer if in state. This is due to the new Streamlined Sales and Use Agreement, which is slowly becoming standard across the US.

I have been reading about the Flexible Taxes option in Version 4, but cannot find enough details. I know it allows you to set different taxes for different countries, but does it allow you to create zones of counties and cities also? These would need to calculate on separate lines in the order, at least in the records for the company (for reporting purposes). There is a database available from the state that has all of the county and local taxes that we can use to enter the needed data.

I know there are a dozen or more states that have this same law in effect. So does anyone have any idea of how to comply with CubeCart? ANY help would be greatly appreciated!!