fckeditor Horizontal Line function not working

aPoLLo

Hi again to everyone.

This one is not an urgent issue but would sure love to know why the Horizontal Line feature in fckeditor is not working. Does anybody have this problem and does anybody know how to go about fixing this?

In addition I was thinking of upgrading to a later version of fckeditor but I am a little concerned about breaking something. Is there anything I need to configure once I have uploaded the new files in the rte folder?

Thanks again.

aPoLLo :)

Guest Brivtech

By Horizontal Line, I'm of course assuming the <hr /> code.

Are you entering this using the FCK code editor, or through the FCK's rich-text?

It works for me.

There is an alternative - Create a DIV with a border and padding along the bottom.

... but it really should be working.

By Horizontal Line, I'm of course assuming the <hr /> code.

Are you entering this using the FCK code editor, or through the FCK's rich-text?

It works for me.

There is an alternative - Create a DIV with a border and padding along the bottom.

... but it really should be working.

Thanks Brivtech for your work around. I was using the <hr/> tag to get around it.

It does not matter what mode I use fdkeditor, the horizontal line will not work. I run my mouse over it and it does not highlight to indicate to me that this option is available.

Could it have anything to do with any mods?

Thanks

aPoLLo

Guest Brivtech

Strange one this - It could be something to do with the MODs, but to be honest, I can't see how they would have affected it. FCK editor really is a stand-alone component that wouldn't really be tampered with to that extent.

Do you get any problems with other HTML code?

Here's how it works for me:

I open the page I want to edit with the FCK (product / sitedoc, etc).

Click on CODE, enter in <hr />, click CODE again (returning it back to rich text mode) and the line shows there straight away.

I can only think of one other thing - If your CSS has been modified, it could affect the way horizontal lines are displayed. Are you using a custom skin?

Strange one this - It could be something to do with the MODs, but to be honest, I can't see how they would have affected it. FCK editor really is a stand-alone component that wouldn't really be tampered with to that extent.

Do you get any problems with other HTML code?

Here's how it works for me:

I open the page I want to edit with the FCK (product / sitedoc, etc).

Click on CODE, enter in <hr />, click CODE again (returning it back to rich text mode) and the line shows there straight away.

I can only think of one other thing - If your CSS has been modified, it could affect the way horizontal lines are displayed. Are you using a custom skin?

The SKIN for fckeditor is the original one. I haven't changed that. The skin to the actual store is an original CC3 skin which I have modified using CSS plus have added certain mods for more functionality.

It's certainly a weird one that's for sure. Not as weird as the issue I am experiencing with my Sales Item box links not working. SIGH.

In any rate thanks for your suggestions Brivtech. I'm open to any more suggestions you or anyone else for that matter can provide.

Cheers

aPoLLo