Licence, distribution, the change of the engine of the shop and copyri

Guest lucas85

Guest lucas85

I greet,

I

have several questions of the relating licences of the distribution CubeStore in the version 1 (or lower).

Namely, did I pull down from Internet versions CubeStore some day, yet on GNU licence / GPL as I remember ? (it was in the description so) and I altered working and the mechanism of the shop entirely (together with with the language, addition of the a dozen or so new modules, new payments, quantity of introduced pictures, protections) skipping the engine of the basket of orders (he stayed unchanged). The shop was characterizing the quite different interface, than original design CubeStore - I did not have poprostu the idea to begin to write the shop and I was just based on this promissory note removing all what it is and changing on my source code. This was about 3 years ago, and my question sounds: or I can disseminate them in the grounds of my country in such case, after the altering total of software, only in Polish (because I live there and work) and to unreel "my" distribution of the internet shop farther ?? As I wrote earlier, the engine of the basket is the same what I pulled down, the rest is different, I would not like once to write all still when I put this so many trouble and effort the new work came into being.

Thank you for any answers.

I apologize for my incorrect English, but I hope that this will not make difficult the conversation.

I greet warmly

Lucas

Guest Brivtech

I am not aware of a Version 1 of CubeCart. I have been on these forums for just over 2 years, and when I joined, Version 2 was pretty much at the end of its life, with Version 3 in its early release stages. The forums never included any support for version 1.

Please can you confirm exactly what version of CubeCart you are talking about.

With regards to general changes, I can say this:

- You are welcome to modify any aspect of the software, and it is actively encouraged.

- You cannot however rebrand the software as your own.

In a case where you have engineered new features over the core, or provide a modified CubeCart as part of a package, you must acknowledge that your System X includes CubeCart. You cannot reverse engineer the software and call the result your own work.

We've had discussions about this before, and although I an unable to reference these at this moment, as far as I'm aware, this is correct. Devellion Ltd. will need to confirm if this is incorrect.

With regard to the specific licensing for version 1, I am unable to comment on this. Versions 2 upwards are copyrighted and not open source, but the code is made available (with exception of the CC4.x licensing check files) without encryption.

Guest lucas85

I am not aware of a Version 1 of CubeCart. I have been on these forums for just over 2 years, and when I joined, Version 2 was pretty much at the end of its life, with Version 3 in its early release stages. The forums never included any support for version 1.

Please can you confirm exactly what version of CubeCart you are talking about.

With regards to general changes, I can say this:

- You are welcome to modify any aspect of the software, and it is actively encouraged.

- You cannot however rebrand the software as your own.

In a case where you have engineered new features over the core, or provide a modified CubeCart as part of a package, you must acknowledge that your System X includes CubeCart. You cannot reverse engineer the software and call the result your own work.

We've had discussions about this before, and although I an unable to reference these at this moment, as far as I'm aware, this is correct. Devellion Ltd. will need to confirm if this is incorrect.

With regard to the specific licensing for version 1, I am unable to comment on this. Versions 2 upwards are copyrighted and not open source, but the code is made available (with exception of the CC4.x licensing check files) without encryption.

I greet again and thank for the answer,

So now the version was this 1.1.00 software CubeCart.

The core of software is altered except the basket of orders (he stayed without changes).

I understand that after the change of the basket of orders , I could sign up as the author of the project but this is the time-consuming process as for one person, because I am only the lover of the programming in languages php / mysql.

I also understand, that after the addition of the clause that some elements come from software CubeCart I could farther lead works havings on the aim of enlarging the usefulness of the programme, how and the distribution ??

If there is the Lord to tell something more in the state, I ask for more information.

I greet

Lucas

Guest lucas85

I greet,

I

see that there is the more west than this is worth while.

As I will find the time I will continue this this topic, however however and so the project is on extinction from 3 years, different nothing stays as to delete files from the disc and think in the future over something own if the time allows to this.

I greet warmly

Lucas

You will need to raise a support ticket to verify this information.

Guest Brivtech

This is why you need to contact Devellion directly. There is no source of information available here that I can use to confirm your position.

Guest lucas85

Acha, I understand, that is direct contact through Your service.

Just good, I will write there and what we will see they will copy me.

Thank you for information.

This is why you need to contact Devellion directly. There is no source of information available here that I can use to confirm your position.