shipping isn't working, help!

Guest edski

Guest edski

Hi, i did recently raise my product weights alot to make sure i was not actually helping the customer pay for shipping. For example, 1 t-shirt actually weighs just under 1 lb. But to make sure that the customer pays for entire shipping bill i increased the weight to 1.5 lb. I did this for all 12 products. Anyway here is what it says when i click "continue" and try to check out:Warning: fopen() [function.fopen]: URL file-access is disabled in the server configuration in /home/unionshi/public_html/store/modules/shipping/UPS/ups.php on line 175

Warning: fopen(http://www.ups.com/using/services/rave/qcostcgi.cgi?accept_UPS_license_agreement=yes&10_action=3&13_product=1DM&14_origCountry=US&15_origPostal=19464&19_destPostal=19525&22_destCountry=US&23_weight=3&47_rateChart=Regular+Daily+Pickup&48_container=00&49_residential=1) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: no suitable wrapper could be found in /home/unionshi/public_html/store/modules/shipping/UPS/ups.php on line 175

Warning: feof(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/unionshi/public_html/store/modules/shipping/UPS/ups.php on line 176

Warning: fgets(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/unionshi/public_html/store/modules/shipping/UPS/ups.php on line 177

it says this a over and over. Please help, in "noob" language, i am not a webmaster.

Yeah... I've got the same thing happening at checkout when it gets to the calculating shipping (UPS) ... My server people are iPower... and they won't enable the fopen permission anymore because of security issue. CRAP! I've got 938 items in my store and the store won't function...

Sooo... the techie at iPower said something about "CURL". I'm just beginning to investigate Curl.... but ummm hey SUPPORT?... we definitely need some kind of fix here! HELP PLEASE!

Thanks ~Tim