Categories don't show in Admin.

11thhour

Hi,

I have downloaded version 4.2.1 and started setting things up in the admin section. Under view categories, I only see some of them. The home category and sale items category that come with the skin don't show. I would like to delete them but they aren't there to edit. Another issue I have with this section is with the categories I do see. If I click show, they don't show and if I click hide then they do show. I can deal with this but, wouldn't mind fixing it if possible.

Thanks for any suggestions!

EH

Never mind, Milos set me straight. FWIW to others,

Homepage and Saleitems are NOT categories thats the reason you cannot see it. If you would like to remove Sale Items link just disable switch the Sale Mode to OFF in admn General Settings. Homepage link exists in categories.tpl file in your skin styleTemplates/boxes folder. If you use SLQ Cache feature don't forget to empty SQL cache once categories template file is changed.

My misunderstanding of the hide and show categoies.

Maybe link names do confuse you because they did not show status but action. If there is SHOW link, category current status is HIDDEN. If there is HIDE, category current status is is ENABLED