Changing tell a friend email content

Guest johnnytv

Guest johnnytv

I've changed the tell a friend functionality on my site to just be a "tell a friend about our site" rather than about a particular product, and have changed the form accordingly.

How do I change the content of the email that is sent out to be some text that I decide on, and where is this entered into please?

Searched the forums and google but can't find anything, would have thought others would have wanted to do this?

Also how do I change the default {message} on the tell a friend contact form so that it doesn't mention a product?

Many thanks, John

Guest paulabakerparkin

I've changed the tell a friend functionality on my site to just be a "tell a friend about our site" rather than about a particular product, and have changed the form accordingly.

How do I change the content of the email that is sent out to be some text that I decide on, and where is this entered into please?

Searched the forums and google but can't find anything, would have thought others would have wanted to do this?

Also how do I change the default {message} on the tell a friend contact form so that it doesn't mention a product?

Many thanks, John

Your tell a friend language text is controlled within the following file:

language/en/lang.inc.php

Search for $lang['front']['tellafriend'] = array(

and edit the text that you find underneath that.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I found this reply very useful, I am trying to do something slightly different:

I am attempting to make the form an Enquiry Form to go back to the Store Owner about a product. It leads me to two points:

1. Can I preload the "Friends name and email address" with the stores name and email address? If so so how?

2. On the product page e.g. http://coventrymotorcycles-co-uk.cherry.pr...mp;productId=11 on my developing site how can I change the "Tell a Friend" hyperlink wording to say "Enquire about this item"

How you can help.