Product Limit

Guest Ariolander

Guest Ariolander

I know this might sound sorta crazy but I couldn't find a way in v3 and I was wondering if it is possible in v4 to limit the amount of product people can buy on a certain item. IE lets say I have a "special edition" item that I want to limit to just 2 per customer without it affecting the rest of my normal inventory is there a way to do this in either version?

Guest Brivtech

I've done this, but for minimum order quantity. It could be altered for maximum order quantity. There's a hell of a lot of modding involved....

You need to create a new field in your inventory table, then in viewBasket, viewCat and ViewProd, you need to put in a condition that checks the value entered within the product quantity forms against the maximum order quantity, and if the quantity entered is greater than the maximum order quantity, set them to equal the maxium order quantity. This way, people will never be able to order more than you allow on a per product basis.

You would also need to add checks on the total quantity when adding more of the product, and also when adding multiple same products with different options.