Set Order Status to "Complete & Dispatched" Automaticall

Guest chriscoyier

Guest chriscoyier

Hello!

I am curious if there is a way to automatically set successful orders to status "Order Complete & Dispatched"?

Right now, when an order goes through, the status gets set to "Processing" by default. Then someone has to login and manually change the status to complete before the customer gets their final receipt and the PayPal payment is captured.

It would be REALLY NICE if this could be done automatically... is there something I can change to make this happen?

Will the software automatically ship out your products as well?

The reason for the Processing status is to inform the customer that their order in "In Process" and will be shipped out. Only after you have shipped out the package should the status change to "Completed & Dispatched".

If the customer orders a digital product, CC4 automatically sets the status to "Completed & Dispatched" when the download link is sent to the customer. Otherwise, if the order is for a tangible product, CC isn't going to be able to ship it out for you, and not having the "Processing" status could lead to someone missing it and never shipping it out.

Guest chriscoyier

No, the products are tangible, I am just trying to avoid anyone having to actually log into CubeCart and change status' manually. If someone forgets to do this, and does it days later, the customer will only get the email then days later which is a bit awkward. I would rather have them get the email receipt right away.

As an update to this, I have gotten a solution directly from CubeCart, so if this helps anyone else, below is the important info from the response:

That can be achieved by editing the classes/cart/order.php file.

Find:

function orderStatus($statusId, $cart_order_id, $force = false, $skipEmail = false) {

After add:

$statusId = ($statusId==2) ? 3 : $statusId;

That should do it. I haven't tested this however and I don't know it it will have any side effects anywhere else.

Guest hennaboy

Will the software automatically ship out your products as well?

If someone comes up with a mod for that let me know! :rolleyes:

• 3 months later...

Find:

function orderStatus($statusId, $cart_order_id, $force = false, $skipEmail = false) {

After add:

$statusId = ($statusId==2) ? 3 : $statusId;

That should do it. I haven't tested this however and I don't know it it will have any side effects anywhere else.

Hmm. Maybe not.

After nearly 2 solid days of trying to find what's wrong with PayPal IPN (Instant Payment Modification), and of course barking up every tree in the forest except for the one just behind me, I can say that this has peculiar side effects.

I added this code just as mentioned, but I did it at a time when I wasn't testing PayPal live yet. Dumb mistake. Completely forgot about this once I WAS testing PayPal, and everything seemed to work, except that my orders weren't changing from 'Pending'. You can find more details here:

http://forums.cubecart.com/index.php?showtopic=35568

I still want to change this so orders are switched to completed immediately. But this is not quite the answer. At least it wasn't for me, with CC 4.1.1.