Alternative Checkouts and Gift Certificates

Guest Charles2005

Guest Charles2005

I installed my CC4 trial and I am testing things out.

I enabled Gift Certificates and Google Checkout (Alternative Checkouts).

I then added a gift certificate to my cart and clicked on view basket and here is the message that it gave me:

"We regret that gift certificates cannot be purchased using alternative checkouts at this time. If you proceed they will be removed from your basket."

Why can I not use a Gift Certificate with an alternative checkout such as Google Checkout?

I would think you could but maybe it is the way it is coded or something to do with Google Checkout. I want to switch to CC4 from CC3 but I still haven't made my mind up. I want to use Google Checkout but if I am not able to use Gift Certificates with Google Checkout I may have to rethink about moving to CC4.

Charles

Guest Charles2005

Is there anyway to get this working whether it be a hack, update, etc.. I really can care less at this point.

Has anyone else has this problem?

I opened a bug report here:

http://bugs.cubecart.com/view.php?id=1113

If this can be fixed with an update I hope that it will make it into 4.2.3

I am worried though as I have seen LOTS of bugs opened then put on hold and they have been opened for MONTHS now!! */* <_<

• 4 months later...

I just encountered this problem with my (active, running store) CC4 using PayPalPro. The gift certificates were a main selling point to me with this cart, as they were terribly screwy in OsCommerce. Now I see that it won't work with Cubecart and alt. checkouts. Is there any type of mod or fix for this? Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...