can you use cubecart on a webblob rather than just a bussiness site

Guest animekid

Guest animekid

Hi All.

New to the forums here.

I have a blog called " fanboy @50, and I am trying to get a way from retailing items on Ebay, and start thru my blog instead.

The question is can I have this cart installed on my web blog with out having a regular web site?

Guest Brivtech

Yes, if you have hosting space with FTP access and a mySQL database. Also, a SSL certificate is recommended if you are taking payments over the internet.

No, if your blog runs through a pre-hosted blog service.

If you don't have your own hosting or domain, it's very cheap to get one, and you could always link to it from your blog.

Guest animekid

Yes, if you have hosting space with FTP access and a mySQL database. Also, a SSL certificate is recommended if you are taking payments over the internet.

No, if your blog runs through a pre-hosted blog service.

If you don't have your own hosting or domain, it's very cheap to get one, and you could always link to it from your blog.

Okay, I have hosting thru " Midphase " and they actually have this cart software as an option under " Fantastico along with " OS Commerce, and " Zen Cart ( which I have already decided to eliminate from contention as a choice ) to which I am assuming that if I click on it in the fantastico menu, the cart will automatically be added...I am concerned about support for this type of software...I am not a big tech person and would need lots of help with problems...

Animekid

Guest Brivtech

A lof of the users here on the forums have installed CubeCart through Fantastico, so you should find that most of the common problems have been thouroughly addressed before. If you need support, these forums are here to help.

Why not give it a try - As far as I know, the 3.x version you get on Fantastico doesn't cost anything extra over and above your normal hosting.

I am concerned about support for this type of software...I am not a big tech person and would need lots of help with problems...

Animekid

There are several ways to get support for your store. Devellion offer support on a per month basis, which can be purchased through your control panel, there are these forums where you can ask for help and advice from the community on the core CubeCart product. Or there are third-party businesses who subscribe to the third-party forum which provide complimentary products and services to the entire community, including a great documentation project.