SSL Help Please!

Guest Renier Retail

Guest Renier Retail

I recently bought a new dedicated SSL from godaddy.com and for some reason my store wont forward right on the secured pages.

my store is: www.caraudiocraze.com

EDIT: I changed my settings right now back to the old SSL so it doesnt affect business until i get this figured out.

It would display an "Page redirect error"

and my ssl configurations are as follows:

rel root path: /

absolute url: https://www.caraudiocraze.com

what am i doing wrong!?

thanks!

Guest Brivtech

Ausy is right, the settings look fine.

Only 2 things I can think of here, as otherwise it should be working...

1. The SSL certificate hasn't finished being set up. It can take up to 72 hours to finalise SSL settings their end. In reality, it's just a couple of hours, but there is the potential for delay before the SSL works with the internet.

2. is your HTTPS root path okay? It should take the format of something like: /home/content/c/a/r/caraudiocrazeloginname/html

3. (Yes, I know I said 2) Is the SSL certificate you're using to replace one you already had from somewhere else? If so, has the old one been suitably deactivated within your server's setup?

Guest Renier Retail

1. The SSL certificate hasn't finished being set up. It can take up to 72 hours to finalise SSL settings their end. In reality, it's just a couple of hours, but there is the potential for delay before the SSL works with the internet.

2. is your HTTPS root path okay? It should take the format of something like: /home/content/c/a/r/caraudiocrazeloginname/html

3. (Yes, I know I said 2) Is the SSL certificate you're using to replace one you already had from somewhere else? If so, has the old one been suitably deactivated within your server's setup?

I figured if it wasnt set up fully then it wouldnt go to my website when i just add the s in the web address, right?

I dont know that the HTTPS root path is....

And no it was a fresh SSL Cert, i had a shared one before through my web host.

2. is your HTTPSA root path okay? It should take the format of something like: /home/content/c/a/r/caraudiocrazeloginname/html

Upon further review, it says my root path is:

/mnt/w1008/d30/s46/b02b0c6e/www/caraudiocraze.com

That look right? I have to change it in global.inc.php right?

Guest hennaboy

With Godaddy you get issued a intermediate certificate. This has to be setup on the server as per their instructions otherwise you will get errors.

Id double check that the intermediate and actual cert is setup correctly. It will work to a certain extent if it isnt setup correctly.....i know that from setting up my own cert from godaddy.

Guest Renier Retail

With Godaddy you get issued a intermediate certificate. This has to be setup on the server as per their instructions otherwise you will get errors.

Id double check that the intermediate and actual cert is setup correctly. It will work to a certain extent if it isnt setup correctly.....i know that from setting up my own cert from godaddy.

Yes i did setup my intermediate and regular CRTs properly.. thats why im lost and it works if it just add an s to the web address that im at. What else can i supply you brainiacs to try and diagnose this?