existing customer login failure

Guest angelz

Guest angelz

need help urgently please! version 4.2.2

existing customers cannot login today even if they request a new password the message appears as login failed. However new customers can login and create account etc.any help much appreciated.

• 3 months later...

I have this same issue after I upgraded from 3 to 4 (now using 4.2.3). Has anyone discovered a remedy for this? We have 1,402 customers and tons of orders. It would REALLY stink to lose all of that information and be quite a task to delete everybody and make them re-register.

I couldn't find any other posts on the topic... have I missed them?

Any help, updates, or links to pertinent posts would be much appreciated.

Mike

• 5 months later...

The only way to fix this is loggin in to phpmyadmin and go to the customer account en then mannualy edit the password en delelte the salt..

Major problem of cubecart and still not fixed?

Guest Simon Dolenec

The same thing here..

All was OK, but when updated from v4.2.3 to v4.3.1 existing customers can't login. Everything what happened is reload of web page.

When you create new account and try to buy it you just wanish and logged out? very strange... I tried to use Firefox 3.0.8, IE 32 and 64 bit (version 8) and Chrome.

Why is that I don't know, some people don't have any problems, some does.

For database I use MySQL latest version and PHP latest version, CC4 is runing on Windows 2003 Server - own server.

I tried to delete all caches and nothing happens, error still remains...

I think that for now this is one of the most biggest problems ever I see on CC4, what to do next I don't know...

Guest Simon Dolenec

After 4 days of nightmare and searching for solution I find nothing, nothing which could help me... I report error also to bug tracker (1390) - no body did receive that...

Now my decision is that I will go back to version 4.2.3 which works with no problem - meantime I will start to search some web site store which gives me working for my paying with no problems + upgrade on the way that I don't need to work 4 days to get that the problem is not mine but yours... very dissapointment!!

Becouse of that I loose buisness in worth of 2.000 EUR... THANK YOU very MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest BuddahBoy

Greetings,

I am also having an issue with this but only with FireFox, not with IE.

Existing customer cannot login - no error message, just stays on the page and nothing happens. I'll try support since this is a new install and will let ya know if I find out anything.

Ron