SWITCHING WEBHOSTS >

Guest foreknowapparel

Guest foreknowapparel

I'm running Cubecart 3.0.15

I had to put all the files onto a new server.

So I want to make a new db, then connect my CC to the new db on this new host server.

How do I go about this?

The problem is, I was never able to back up the database from the old host, they shut down before I could. But I do have a backup of the whole directory which the store was kept in in my case its /store/

I put months of work into this store I don't want to lose all the products and template stuff... wow. Can I still do this? I made a new database on the new server and everything with the same user name as the previous and everything

I get this error though

http://purrfectpineapples.com/store/

MySQL Error Occured

1146: Table 'eshuhendler_store.cubecart_config' doesn't exist

QUERY = SELECT array FROM CubeCart_config WHERE name = 'config'

I'm guessing thats because I couldn't import the old database info, (step 2 of - https://support.cubecart.com/index.php?_m=k...kbarticleid=19)

I couldn't do:

2. To back up your database you will need to access your database from your hosting control panel or phpMyAdmin. Once you have authenticated and selected the correct database you should see a tab at the top called "Export". Click this and then choose to download the database data and structure to your local machine. Be sure to click the "Save as File" checkbox and make sure you select export data & structure.

Therefore I couldn't import the new old db stuff to the new database. Does this mean I'm basically screwed?

Guest foreknowapparel

You will need the old database, that is where all your product and customers are stored. Will your old host not help?

Thats the thing, the old host went out of business or something, without warning, just gone. They're site was gone, everything.

In that case, is it possible, if I install a new version, say 3.0.18 (or 3.0.15) if it matters because thats what I want to use - can I still use the same layout, just that products and customers/orders everything / page content wise will be gone... like if I do the install then over-write certain layout files with my old ones my new template that I had made, and also I'd probably want to over-write the documents pages/homepage text and stuff, though I could just copy and paste that stuff later I guess. But biggest concern now then I guess is Layout (Skin)/Textual/Css mods that I've made, I can just over write the default files as I had edited them before from original?.. I'll just have to make the products again and stuff.

If I can at least do that it won't be so bad.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest midwest

You will need the old database, that is where all your product and customers are stored. Will your old host not help?

Thats the thing, the old host went out of business or something, without warning, just gone. They're site was gone, everything.

In that case, is it possible, if I install a new version, say 3.0.18 (or 3.0.15) if it matters because thats what I want to use - can I still use the same layout, just that products and customers/orders everything / page content wise will be gone... like if I do the install then over-write certain layout files with my old ones my new template that I had made, and also I'd probably want to over-write the documents pages/homepage text and stuff, though I could just copy and paste that stuff later I guess. But biggest concern now then I guess is Layout (Skin)/Textual/Css mods that I've made, I can just over write the default files as I had edited them before from original?.. I'll just have to make the products again and stuff.

If I can at least do that it won't be so bad.

Hi,

Just thought I would drop a note as this is exactly what I am doing.

I was running 3.0.15 and wanted to upgrade to 3.0.18, but fantastico only has 3.017 , so I downloaded the 3.018 from the CC site, created a new database on my new host site, and then uploaded 3.0.18 to my new account.

Now I had some mods as well I wanted to keep, so I just reinstalled all those BEFORE I added any products.

Now, I am just copy/ pasting the product info, Doc Text,etc. from my old store. It really is not taking as long as I thought it would.

I fortunatly had access to my database, so was able to make a backup, but the only thing I am going to need it for is transfering the customer information and past orders to the new store.

If you have backups of your old store files, you should be ok with 3.0.18. Just check the change log. Think they were mostly minor changes. There were no template style changes that I know of until V4.0.

Hope this is helpful

midwest :wacko: