Will I be able to import 4000 products from my existing cart?

Guest IsIFast

Guest IsIFast

So I have been a QuikStore user for about 6 years now. Support used to be great but not anymore (sold out). They have upgraded their cart system (which is much nicer) but without support it is pointless. So I am currently using their prvious cart that is no longer supported. It works great but it is really showing its age. But I have highly customized the cart over the years to get it to do what I want (mostly). Recently I have been doing research on moving to a different cart and currently checking out all my options.

To the point....I am wondering if I will be able to import my data into Cubecart? The data is in the following format:

Product_Id|Category|Price|Name|Description|Fullsize_Image|Thumbnail_Image|Size|W

eight|Link_Page|Link_Label|USER1|USER2|USER3|USER4|Option_FileName

*Below is an example of an actual product for reference.

airstar_armed|Fireman/Police/Armed_Forces_Decals|0|Airstar Decal / Sticker|NA|airstar_armed.jpg|airstar_armed_tn.jpg|NA|0|NA|NA|%%OPTION%%size4.html|%%OPTION%%colors.html|NA|NA|NA

I know the move isn't going to be simple but I am looking to make it as easy as possible. On a related note.... 99% of my products are option based priced. So for example: the %%OPTION%%size4.html references a the html page on my server to get those options. I don't necessarily need the cart to reach out to another page like my current cart does to figure out the total but I do need some pretty "fancy" price figuring. Essentially most items have my customer pick a size and each inch in size they choose increases the price by $1. Then the second option will be a color choice and it will add a PERCENTAGE to the size price. And there are options after that can also add more percentage costs to the price. It would probably best be explained by playing around on my current site to see how it works. www.fastdecals.com Pick a decal and add a couple of options and it will show you how the price changes. Is this something Cubecart can do? Or open to suggestions on some alternative that may work.

Thanks in advance,

Jacy

Guest IsIFast

I should also note that I need an options system that will update all my products if I update one option. For example: I have about 30 colors available for pretty much every product I offer. But if I decide to add/remove a color I don't want to have to go through and have to change every product. I'm pretty sure Cubecart should be able to do something this simple but want to make sure.

Guest jazzydan58

im sure this would be possible if you get a good coder, go over to cubecartforums.org and post a request in the V4 request a modification section, alternativly look through the reviews of different mod stores and contact them directly. Anything possible if you pay!

I wouldn't say that the support for cubecart is great but both forums are good and you can also pay a coder to fix any problems with in a few days.