Redundant Software?

Guest perlinajewellery

Guest perlinajewellery

I have decided to do a complete revamp of my jewellery site and have been in two minds as to whether I should stick with CubeCart or move to another script.

There rarely seems to be any updates or improvements anymore and if the creators are working behind the scenes on stuff, where is the news/forum post to let us know what exactly that may be? I know there is a News & Updates category but the last post was 16th July about a UK job opening, nothing to do with the development of the script.

A good example of what I'm talking about is WordPress. Those guys tell you what they are working on for both the present and the future. There are tonnes of mods and add-ons, its genius. Yes, I know this is a blog script not a shopping cart one but there are many ways CubeCart can be extended which would entice even more people to use it. For instance, why does it not automatically come with a contact form? Thats a pretty standard requirement for any web site these days to help protect against spam bots stealing a visible email address but you have to download a mod in order to have this.

Are you working on stuff? Could we please be informed of what that is? Is there a CubeCart 4.2.3 in development? As a customer who has paid for this script, I would really like to know this information and I'm sure I'm not the only one.