PayPal Pro UK - this can't be right, but seems to work?!

Guest grahamlawton

Guest grahamlawton

Hi there,

I wonder if someone with more experience can tell me what's wrong with the following!

I have a PayPal Pro UK account setup and working fine on my current RomanCart basket but we're moving away from this to a new site using CC4. So I've tried to setup PayPal Pro UK on CC4 and I enter all the details into CC4 but I always get the "PayPal API has returned an error" problem.

The only field I'm a little unsure of is the 'Username' field (or 'vendor' field). In RomanCart and when I sign into PayPal Manager, this field is left blank. The Merchant ID, Password and Partner fields, seem straight forward enough though. So I've tried every possible combination of entries for the 'username' (including leaving it blank), but always get the same error.

So I try this...! I set up the alternate basket to PayPal Express Checkout instead. Enter all the API Username, Passwords and Signatures, and PayPal Express then seems to work perfectly (ie. no errors and it refers me just fine to PayPal).

So next I've tried this...!!! Instead of using PayPal Pro UK, I go to the PayPal Pro US settings in CC4, which ask for the same info as PayPal Express (ie. API usernames etc), and not the settings required for PayPal Pro UK. And guess what?! It seems to work perfectly too! :P

The money from both a PayPal test payment and a credit card test payment all turns up into my PayPal Pro UK account, even though I have CC4 set up using the PayPal Pro US settings.

So the question is, this can't be right surely? There must be some problem in having a PayPal Pro UK accont and using CC4 set to the PayPal Pro US setting?

Hope someone's able to clarify potential problems or pitfalls in this before I go live! :)

Many thanks.

Graham

• 1 month later...