everything underlined

Guest jtopup

Guest jtopup

Nobody got a reply to my prob.....is it a bug or what....come-on guy's give me a clue pls

Help...can anyone tell me why all my text is underlined ...I only have a few words which should be underlined please see site Visit My Website..

many thanks

It seems OK in F/Fox but not in IE

Guest Brivtech

I can see it underlined in IE.

It's probably either an unclosed underline tag, or an underline declaration within your CSS code.

You spelt "bye-pass" wrong by the way.

Guest jtopup

Thanks for your response...I have checked my Killer template and cannot find any tags unclosed or any kind of problem....

I haven't touch any other css...this only appeared from editing from admin control...any advice on where do I start to look...cheers steve

I can see it underlined in IE.

It's probably either an unclosed underline tag, or an underline declaration within your CSS code.

You spelt "bye-pass" wrong by the way.

Try commenting out section, like all the stylesheets to see if the underline remains, the session placeholder in the global template to see if that has an effect. Only when eliminating elements will you track the cause down.

Guest jtopup

Thanks again for reply....I have checked all css, template etc can't find any probs....

My second thought is this.....I setup this shop for a client, and then left it for them to add their stock etc...

In a conversation with client he stated the site docs pages were pasted from MS Word....on checking fonts used it seems they have used a font which is not in the carts built in editor IE....Franklin gothic, will this font have any problems with site...

also I suspect they have used formatting from word...is this a prob......cheers steve

Guest jtopup

OK guy's...spent last couple of hours checking all my templates......nothing ....so my conclusions are this...

This underline if you look at site (see previous post) is not showing in Firefox...second, the underline colour in most cases is not same colout as the font..???. you cannot underline a word with a different colour it is impossible so it must be a bug! or some sort of corrupted script I cannot come up with any other explanation....

OK guy's...spent last couple of hours checking all my templates......nothing ....so my conclusions are this...

This underline if you look at site (see previous post) is not showing in Firefox...second, the underline colour in most cases is not same colout as the font..???. you cannot underline a word with a different colour it is impossible so it must be a bug! or some sort of corrupted script I cannot come up with any other explanation....

Actually, you can underline with a different colour. If, for example, you style the <p> tag in one colour and the <span> tag in another, you can then add text-decoration:underline; to the <p> tag. This will then underline everything in the colour of the <p> tag whilst the contents of the <span> tag have a different colour (as defined).

Nevertheless, you should check the ie7 & ie6 stylesheets for text-decoration declarations.

Also, take a look at this mess:

<p style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: rgb(255,255,255)" align="left"><font color="#0000ff" size="5"><font size="3"><font color="#000000"><font style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" face="Times New Roman"></font></font></font></font></p>

<p style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: rgb(255,255,255)" align="center"><font style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" face="Times New Roman" color="#0000ff" size="6"><strong>Welcome to Floodcheck &reg;</strong></font></p>

<p style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: rgb(255,255,255)" align="center"><font color="#0000ff" size="3"><font color="#000000"><font style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" face="Times New Roman"><span style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: blue; FONT-FAMILY: &quot;Arial Black&quot;"><strong>Your one stop shop,&nbsp;that will help save water,and protect&nbsp;your home/office from water damage due to&nbsp; leaking or burst pipes/hoses &nbsp;taps left on etc.</strong></span></font></font></font></p>

<font color="#0000ff" size="5"><font size="3"><font color="#000000"><font face="Times New Roman"><span style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: blue; FONT-FAMILY: &quot;Arial Black&quot;"></span>

<p style="TEXT-ALIGN: center" align="center"><font style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff"><span><strong>Protection from as little as just &pound;20&nbsp; that can be fitted in five minutes, by the average handyman without any tools at all&hellip;.see our MANUAL</strong></span></font><span style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: red; FONT-FAMILY: &quot;Arial Black&quot;"><font style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff"> <font color="#000000">unit.</font></font>

<p align="center"><font style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff"><strong>&nbsp;<span>Just like having a fuse box to check your water supply, and protect your home&nbsp;</span></strong></font><span style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: red; FONT-FAMILY: &quot;Arial Black&quot;"><font style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff"><strong> </strong></font>

<p align="center"><strong><font style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff">&nbsp;</font><span><font style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" color="#0000ff" size="3">Fitting a Floodcheck&reg; will monitor your water supply, and allow you to turn if off at the flick of a switch or in the event of a leak or any problem it will turn the water supply off automatically.</font></span></strong><font color="#0000ff" size="5"><font size="3"><font color="#000000"><font face="Times New Roman"><font style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff"><font color="#0000ff"><strong>&nbsp;&nbsp;</strong></font></font>

<p align="center"><font style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff"><strong>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<span>Prices include VAT for

<place w:st="on"></place>

<country-region w:st="on"></country-region><country-region w:st="on"></country-region>

UK orders . Export orders exempt&nbsp;from Vat.Shipping is &pound;7.50 PER ORDER

<country-region w:st="on"></country-region><country-region w:st="on"></country-region>

UK other&nbsp; shipping prices on application. We offer good discounts for larger orders, and are looking for agents / &nbsp;stockist worldwide...Interested?..</span><font size="2">&nbsp;&nbsp;</font></strong></font></p>

<p align="center"><font size="2"><font style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff"><strong>&nbsp;<span style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: red; FONT-FAMILY: &quot;Franklin Gothic Demi&quot;"><span style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: blue; FONT-FAMILY: &quot;Franklin Gothic Demi&quot;">Payment&nbsp;can be &nbsp;by Pay Pal, cheque, transfer etc. Contact us for details <span onmouseup="java script:skype_tb_imgOnOff(this,1,'0',true,'');return skype_tb_stopEvents();" class="skype_tb_injection" onmousedown="java script:skype_tb_imgOnOff(this,2,'0',true,'');return skype_tb_stopEvents();" id="softomate_highlight_0" onmouseover="java script:skype_tb_imgOnOff(this,1,'0',true,'');" title="Call this phone number in United Kingdom with Skype: +441621826768" onclick="java script:skype_tb_doRunCMD('call','0',null,0);return skype_tb_stopEvents();" onmouseout="java script:skype_tb_imgOnOff(this,0,'0',true,'');" durex="0" context="01621 826768" iamrtl="0"><span class="skype_tb_nop">&nbsp;</span><span onmouseup="java script:doSkypeFlag(this,'0',1,1);return skype_tb_stopEvents();" class="skype_tb_imgA_flex" onmousedown="java script:doSkypeFlag(this,'0',2,1);return skype_tb_stopEvents();" id="skype_tb_droppart_0" onmouseover="java script:doSkypeFlag(this,'0',1,1);" title="Skype actions" onclick="java script:skype_tb_SwitchDrop(this,'0','sms=0',true);return skype_tb_stopEvents();" onmouseout="java script:doSkypeFlag(this,'0',0,1);">&nbsp;&nbsp;<span class="skype_tb_nop">&nbsp;</span><span class="skype_tb_imgFlag" id="skype_tb_img_f0" style="BACKGROUND-IMAGE: url(file://C:/DOCUME~1/Owner/LOCALS~1/Temp/__SkypeIEToolbar_Cache/e70d95847a8f5723cfca6b3fd9946506/static/famfamfam/GB.gif)">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</span>&nbsp;<span class="skype_tb_nop">&nbsp;</span></span><span class="skype_tb_imgS" id="skype_tb_img_s0">&nbsp;</span><span class="skype_tb_injectionIn" id="skype_tb_text0"><span class="skype_tb_innerText" id="skype_tb_innerText0">&nbsp;01621&nbsp;826768&nbsp;</span></span><span class="skype_tb_imgR" id="skype_tb_img_r0">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<span class="skype_tb_nop">&nbsp;</span></span></span>&nbsp; <span onmouseup="java script:skype_tb_imgOnOff(this,1,'1',true,'');return skype_tb_stopEvents();" class="skype_tb_injection" onmousedown="java script:skype_tb_imgOnOff(this,2,'1',true,'');return skype_tb_stopEvents();" id="softomate_highlight_1" onmouseover="java script:skype_tb_imgOnOff(this,1,'1',true,'');" title="Call this phone number in United Kingdom with Skype: +447803071001" onclick="java script:skype_tb_doRunCMD('call','1',null,0);return skype_tb_stopEvents();" onmouseout="java script:skype_tb_imgOnOff(this,0,'1',true,'');" durex="0" context="07803 071001" iamrtl="0"><span class="skype_tb_nop">&nbsp;</span><span onmouseup="java script:doSkypeFlag(this,'1',1,1);return skype_tb_stopEvents();" class="skype_tb_imgA_flex" onmousedown="java script:doSkypeFlag(this,'1',2,1);return skype_tb_stopEvents();" id="skype_tb_droppart_1" onmouseover="java script:doSkypeFlag(this,'1',1,1);" title="Skype actions" onclick="java script:skype_tb_SwitchDrop(this,'1','sms=1',true);return skype_tb_stopEvents();" onmouseout="java script:doSkypeFlag(this,'1',0,1);">&nbsp;&nbsp;<span class="skype_tb_nop">&nbsp;</span><span class="skype_tb_imgFlag" id="skype_tb_img_f1" style="BACKGROUND-IMAGE: url(file://C:/DOCUME~1/Owner/LOCALS~1/Temp/__SkypeIEToolbar_Cache/e70d95847a8f5723cfca6b3fd9946506/static/famfamfam/GB.gif)">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</span>&nbsp;<span class="skype_tb_nop">&nbsp;</span></span><span class="skype_tb_imgS" id="skype_tb_img_s1">&nbsp;</span><span class="skype_tb_injectionIn" id="skype_tb_text1"><span class="skype_tb_innerText" id="skype_tb_innerText1">&nbsp;07803&nbsp;071001&nbsp;</span></span><span class="skype_tb_imgR" id="skype_tb_img_r1">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<span class="skype_tb_nop">&nbsp;</span></span></span> ( non <country-region w:st="on"></country-region>

<country-region w:st="on"></country-region>

uk ) 0044 621 826768&nbsp; <span onmouseup="java script:skype_tb_imgOnOff(this,1,'2',true,'');return skype_tb_stopEvents();" class="skype_tb_injection" onmousedown="java script:skype_tb_imgOnOff(this,2,'2',true,'');return skype_tb_stopEvents();" id="softomate_highlight_2" onmouseover="java script:skype_tb_imgOnOff(this,1,'2',true,'');" title="Call this phone number in United Kingdom with Skype: +447803071001" onclick="java script:skype_tb_doRunCMD('call','2',null,0);return skype_tb_stopEvents();" onmouseout="java script:skype_tb_imgOnOff(this,0,'2',true,'');" durex="0" context="07803 071001" iamrtl="0"><span class="skype_tb_nop">&nbsp;</span><span onmouseup="java script:doSkypeFlag(this,'2',1,1);return skype_tb_stopEvents();" class="skype_tb_imgA_flex" onmousedown="java script:doSkypeFlag(this,'2',2,1);return skype_tb_stopEvents();" id="skype_tb_droppart_2" onmouseover="java script:doSkypeFlag(this,'2',1,1);" title="Skype actions" onclick="java script:skype_tb_SwitchDrop(this,'2','sms=1',true);return skype_tb_stopEvents();" onmouseout="java script:doSkypeFlag(this,'2',0,1);">&nbsp;&nbsp;<span class="skype_tb_nop">&nbsp;</span><span class="skype_tb_imgFlag" id="skype_tb_img_f2" style="BACKGROUND-IMAGE: url(file://C:/DOCUME~1/Owner/LOCALS~1/Temp/__SkypeIEToolbar_Cache/e70d95847a8f5723cfca6b3fd9946506/static/famfamfam/GB.gif)">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</span>&nbsp;<span class="skype_tb_nop">&nbsp;</span></span><span class="skype_tb_imgS" id="skype_tb_img_s2">&nbsp;</span><span class="skype_tb_injectionIn" id="skype_tb_text2"><span class="skype_tb_innerText" id="skype_tb_innerText2">&nbsp;07803&nbsp;071001&nbsp;</span></span><span class="skype_tb_imgR" id="skype_tb_img_r2">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<span class="skype_tb_nop">&nbsp;</span></span></span>.</span></span></strong></font></font></p>

</font></font></font></font></p>

</span></p>

</span></p>

</font></font></font></font>

It's causing a javascript errors and is likely the culprit.

It's not an issue with CubeCart!

Guest jtopup

What a mess is caused mainly by SKYPE integregation...anyway guy's for everybodies interest the underline problem was caused by a (href) to the site in the /layout/index.tpl...line 24....I have removed ref and closed </div> now looks fine...many thanks to all....steve