Confused Image Manager - Please Help

Guest pghtech

Guest pghtech

Can someone explain how the "MAINTENANCE" section works in conjunction with the Image Manager

PROBLEM:

- WORSE: If I upload an image with a certain 'Thumbnail size' setting in general settings, then delete it, change the 'Thumbnail size' setting again, and re-upload it, it keeps the thumbnail the size it was originally uploaded. If I try and do what people have suggested and run the "rebuild thumbnail" under "Maintenance" it doesn't resize the thumbnail to the new size (and the new size is smaller).

-If I use the image manager and upload images, and perform any type of "rebuild/recount" it will decide it has no images in any of the "upload" folders and stop displaying any.

- If I use the Image manager OR just go to a the product edit page and upload and associate a image to the product that route, some products will show up under the IMage manager or maintenance sections and some will not.

Finally, I was able to run the "rebuild/build" thumbnail option under Maintenance -> Thumbnail. And even though my thumbnail size setting in general settings is 133 (and any new image I upload will show properly unless they were one of the ones i uploaded with a different setting), it still didn't rebuild the thumbnail of previous settings and they still show the setting that was in place when I uploaded said thumbnails.

All I want to do is be able to clear previously uploaded files that were uploaded with different Thumbnail size settings, so I can re-upload them and have them all at the same size.