Paypal Tax (3%) include in the price

Guest Racoon7

Guest Racoon7

How can i make that, if someone wants to pay with paypal that the total amount of the price are +3% more BEFORE you will be redicted to the Paypal Paysite`?

I am using Cubecart3

Thank you

Guest hennaboy

For one this is the cc4 section.

But whilst your here.... Ive always wondered about how people get worked up about 3% charged by paypal. Whats the difference between this and the % charged by any other payment processor out there. Each one charges for it so why people feel the need to add 3% if using paypal is beyond me.

If i was to do this i be adding

3% for paypal

2.9% for credit and debit cards

10p for every cheque

For myself....if i go to a website and wish to pay with paypal and they then state its an extra 3% i go elsewhere as you can find something near (lower than the 3% being added) or exactly the same price!

Your better off allowing for it in your prices, ignorance is bliss.

I think what he means is to raise your prices so your "cost of doing business" is covered. Payment processing fees are a cost of doing business, and the average fees should be taken into account when setting your overall prices.

Sure, this means that customers who pay with non-fee-inducing methods (are there any with an online business??) are paying a portion of those processing fees, but that's the way business generally works.

Yes Alan, you have described exactly what I mean.

It is indeed against PayPal terms to show on your store or invoice that there is a surcharge for using their service. It should be noted that if you do you will break the terms and have no protection against chargebacks. PayPal probably intoduced this because of their link with Ebay as thousands of sellers were making surcharges.

This is from their terms.

".7 No Surcharges. You agree that you will not impose a surcharge or any other fee for accepting PayPal as a payment method. You may charge a handling fee in connection with the sale of goods or services, as long as the handling fee does not operate as a surcharge and is not higher than the handling fee you charge for non-PayPal transactions. Nothing in this Agreement is intended to affect the legal right of a merchant in the UK to impose a surcharge for a debit or credit card transaction under the Credit Cards (Price Discrimination) Order 1990. "

The last statement " Nothing in this Agreement is intended to affect the legal right of a merchant in the UK to impose a surcharge for a debit or credit card transaction under the Credit Cards (Price Discrimination) Order 1990". is confusing because customers are actually using debit and credit cards, maybe someone can clarify what affect this has on PayPals terms?