Cubecart search engine just not working right

Guest Hops and Grapes

Guest Hops and Grapes

Store

http://www.hopsandgrapesonline.com

When you use the search feature to search for the wine "tor" as in

http://hopsandgrapesonline.com/index.php?_...p;productId=993

It returns every item with a description with the string "tor" in it, such as wine spectaTOR, which is EVERYTHING.

Also if you search for Rodney Strong Cabernet, the first listing is Rodney Strong Merlot?

Search for Cabernet Franc, first item is a Cabernet Sauvignon, second is a franc.

Is there a way to limit the search feature to product names only, and not descriptions? Any help with this out there already?

[email protected]

• 1 month later...

• 3 months later...

Finally cracked it.

Have been searching for a solution to this for years!

I edited the fullTextIndex in the inventory table of the databse. I replaced the description field with the metaKeyWords field and now I have a very effective search! Woo hoo!

Can somebody explain how to work with this? We have over 2000 products and the search capabilities of this cart are producing everything as the first post mentioned. There has to be a way to narrow this down.

• 7 months later...

cubecart 4 is now years old and i cant find a solution for this. can please anybody help how to manipulate the search so that its searching for name and not for name and description?