Error when going to checkout

Guest aoimediasystems

Guest aoimediasystems

Hello everyone,

This is my first post here so please be gentle :)

I have just taken on a client who has an previous CC installation.

(CubeCart version is 4.1.1. PHP: 4.4.7. MySQL: 5.0.51a)

Everything appears to be working fine apart from when a customer tries to 'Submit & Continue'>

The following errors then occur:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/afina2/public_html/includes/content/cart.inc.php on line 764

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/afina2/public_html/includes/content/cart.inc.php:764) in /home/afina2/public_html/includes/functions.inc.php on line 65

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/afina2/public_html/includes/content/cart.inc.php:764) in /home/afina2/public_html/includes/functions.inc.php on line 66

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/afina2/public_html/includes/content/cart.inc.php:764) in /home/afina2/public_html/includes/functions.inc.php on line 68

The upshot is that no purchase can be completed from the site (much to my client's dismay.)

I've already searched these forums and cannot find an incident of this error occurring within these circumstances.

My strengths lie with xHTML/CSS not PHP - (I am guessing this is where the issue lies.)

I would be very grateful for any help/advice that anyone can give me.

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards

John

Guest aoimediasystems

Hi Ausy.

Thanks for the reply.

I've just checked the file in question and unfortunately there are no spaces either before or after the opening or closing PHP tags.

Any other suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Regards

John

Check this file (output started at /home/afina2/public_html/includes/content/cart.inc.php:764)

The headers already sent error is usually caused by having white space before or after the opening and closing PHP tags (<?php . .?>).

Guest aoimediasystems

Hi Squirrel.

Thanks for replying.

The store has not been customised in anyway, apart from a little 'front-end' CSS work and new header. Nothing out of the ordinary really.

According to my client, the store had been working (though they don't seem to be 100% positive about this) - however, the company they are hosted with experienced some sort of catastrophic server crash around six months ago. After this my client needed to re-install CC and as far as they know it has not worked since. I suggested backing up the essentials, clearing the server and a clean install, but they are reluctant to do this.

I do know that none of the core CC files have been tampered with.

As far as I can ascertain - this is an unmolested 4.1.1 CC install.

Again, thanks for taking the time to reply; appreciated. :)

Kind regards

John

Has the store been heavily customised? Has anything been changed recently? Or did it just suddenly stop working?

Guest The Squirrel

It's interesting that they're reluctant to re-install. But I don't think it's necessary to go that far. Just replacing the include files could solve it.

But if you can't do that...

Ausy already suggested checking for whitespace before and after the opening and closing tags of cart.inc.php but check functions.inc.php for the same thing. Though I doubt that is the problem.

Failing that, try seeing if httpredir() (functions.inc.php, line 63) actually works by calling it from somewhere. What kind of server is the site running on by the way?

Maybe it's a job for the help desk..?

Guest aoimediasystems

Hello again Squirrel.

Thanks for the additional tips - alas, still no joy I'm afraid.

I think their reluctance to reinstall is due to the previously mentioned server crash (this resulted in the client losing everything that they had added to their store.)

I don't know exactly what the issue was with reference to backups, but they had to basically start re-uploading every item from scratch. I feel there may be an underlying fear that a clean install could wipeout their uploaded store/stock items again.

The client is currently hosted with Lunarpages - LAMP-based server setup.

Thanks again.

Kind regards

John

It's interesting that they're reluctant to re-install. But I don't think it's necessary to go that far. Just replacing the include files could solve it.

But if you can't do that...

Ausy already suggested checking for whitespace before and after the opening and closing tags of cart.inc.php but check functions.inc.php for the same thing. Though I doubt that is the problem.

Failing that, try seeing if httpredir() (functions.inc.php, line 63) actually works by calling it from somewhere. What kind of server is the site running on by the way?

Maybe it's a job for the help desk..?