CubeCart 3 Status?

Guest KatGirl

Guest KatGirl

I've heard along the grapevine that CubeCart3 will no longer be supported by Devellion or the two forums.

Can someone please confirm if this rumour is true? I understand if there is no further version releases, but version release and support are too different things.

Thanks heaps.

Guest Brivtech

What is the source of your information?

CubeCart 3 offers many people a free introduction to CubeCart, after which they either upgrade, or buy a copyright removal key, which earns Devellion money. While development for CC3 has ended, support is ongoing, and should there be any future security issues discovered, patches will continue to be released. This will be the case for the foreseeable future until a point where Devellion decide otherwise, to which they would announce this and give a period of notice to which it would cover. The system is pretty secure as it is, and it would be crazy not to issue further security patches as they arise in the future.

Guest KatGirl

Thanks Brivtech for the info.

I too did not believe this information, hence why I posted on the forums. Do not shoot the messager pls. :yeahhh: I am merely clarifying disturbing information that passed along my desk.

I told my client that Al would continue to support CC3 as it is a product he still offers through CC.

@ Al if you want the source you can email me and I'll provide it for you :-) For those requesting detailed information here and now, I cannot disclose the original source on public forums.

My client was sent an email with this information in it by another CC designer. This is the original quote. For purposes of privacy I have removed names only.

"you should use CC4, as CC3 will disappear soon, with no further updates"

So you can see why my client was extremely concerned.

Thank you.

Guest Brivtech

They probably made that statement to encourage their customers to fork out money on license fees, and someone got wind of it, thinking it was true and subsequently passed it to you.

I wrote a much longer rely to your post, but I decided not to get into political, so shortened my reply as above.