Hide prices - Change ? to Log In To View

Guest OzzyWeb

Guest OzzyWeb

Hi all,

I want to change both the hover "?" and the actual page display "$?.??"

to hover "Login In" and the actual page display "$Price Hidden"

A few customers have commentd that the ? confused them before signing up.

So where in the script can I go to change the ? to "Please Log In To View Prices"

Regards,

Jen

Guest sharpmac

Ok, I got it to work... however there is by default a "?" at the start of the phrase.

The line you are looking to edit is inside /htdocs/cubecart/language/en/common.inc.php

Towards the end of the file you will find 'misc_price_hidden' => "?.??"

It was line 37 for me, so somewhere around there.

Anyways change it to what you like and upload it to the corresponding directory on your server (but be sure to make a backup)

Login to the admin panel and clear the Cashe which can be found under "Maintenance / Rebuild & Recount". Be sure when your done to log out of the admin panel, otherwise your session ID will display the prices.

your done!

Guest OzzyWeb

ah thank you very much!

i had found and changed it earlier but nothing happened on the front page, so i changed it back. but the "Clear Cache" did the trick. :)

Ok, I got it to work... however there is by default a "?" at the start of the phrase.

The line you are looking to edit is inside /htdocs/cubecart/language/en/common.inc.php

Towards the end of the file you will find 'misc_price_hidden' => "?.??"

It was line 37 for me, so somewhere around there.

Anyways change it to what you like and upload it to the corresponding directory on your server (but be sure to make a backup)

Login to the admin panel and clear the Cashe which can be found under "Maintenance / Rebuild & Recount". Be sure when your done to log out of the admin panel, otherwise your session ID will display the prices.

your done!

In v4, the best place to change it is through Admin (doc reference), not by editing the PHP files itself.